April 20th, 2012 11:23 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Hugh Freezed, Jason Jones, Maroon White, Ole Miss
1. Alabama’s football team did the traditional Rose Garden at the White House thing yesterday…
2. But for some reason a broken — yet fully replaceable trophy — remains a hot topic.
3. More details have emerged regarding the fight that left Tide receiver DeAndrew White hospitalized.
4. Auburn’s new coordinators found some surprise and intrigue this spring.
5. Scot Loeffler’s in no rush to name a starting quarterback for the Tigers.
6. Current interim coach Taver Johnson says things aren’t as messed up at Arkansas as they seem.
7. Okay, enough with the Twitter hashtags on football fields. (Did no one think to put “.com” on every field during the 90s?)
8. Ole Miss made some progress this spring, but the Rebels are still “a long way from where we need to be.”
9. Hugh Freezed delivered a little after-practice Q&A. (I read those words to the tune of “Harper Valley PTA,” by the way.)
10. Defensive end Jason Jones is the 23rd winner of the Rebels’ Chucky Mullins Award.
12. Either way, the hard part of spring is over with just tomorrow’s Maroon-White game remaining.
13. SEC commish Mike Slive will be in College Station today for a conference realignment “symposium” and then the A&M football team hold an open scrimmage for Aggie fans.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|