March 4th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Fabyon Harris, Jarvis Summers, LSU, OK, Ole Miss, Rich Rodriguez, SEC, South Carolina
1. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel reportedly has a new deal that will push his pay to or above $3 million.
2. Ole Miss begins spring practice today. Rebels need to find out who will backup quarterback Bo Wallace.
3. Texas A&M practices in full pads for two hours and 15 minutes. Coach Kevin Sumlin: “All-in-all, I liked the energy.”
4. Gus Malzhahn doesn’t sound too worried about an upcoming vote that could impact tempo: ”We’re going to put the ball down, we’re going to play fast and we’re going to flat get after it. You all OK if we play fast?”
5. “History hasn’t been terribly kind to the coaches that lost the national championship game in the BCS era.”
6. “The Saban Rule is not about protecting players. That is never the primary motive of the NCAA, no matter how its leaders spin it.”
7. Winning is contagious. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier: “I think it’s somewhat contagious when one sport does well, then another one does well, and it just keeps going through.” Connor Shaw will be honored at halftime of tonight’s South Carolina basketball game.
8. Here are six players crucial to Missouri’s defense this fall.
9. Here are five Alabama players who need to step up their game in 2014.
10. The blame Lane Kiffin era begins at Alabama?
11. It’s good to be a public official in Alabama – free tickets to football games.
12. Position battles this spring at LSU.
14. South Carolina gets a $25,000 fine from the SEC after fans stormed the court after the win against Kentucky Saturday.
15 .Clearing up misconception about the one-and-done rule. College basketball is at the mercy of the NBA.
16. Texas A&M guard Fabyon Harris checks out of a hospital two days after fainting in a pregame shootaround. Guard Shawn Smith still dealing with “personal issues.”
17. Ole Miss guard Jarvis Summers recognized as the best men’s college basketball player in the state of Mississippi.
18. Red-hot Razorbacks have won seven of their last eight games. Mike Anderson: “We’re playing some of our better basketball at the right time…”
19. Alabama at Kentucky. Kentucky has lost two in a row for the first time this season but Alabama hasn’t won on the road since last year. Rare events at Kentucky these days - honoring four-year players at Senior Night.
20. Florida at South Carolina. Gators developing potential nine-man rotation heading down the stretch. Florida two wins away from perfect SEC regular season.
21. Pat Dooley: . “I see so much me-first basketball in this league.”
22. Three of the 12 teams mentioned as bubble teams here are from the SEC.
24. Ready for a possible 43-yard extra-point attempt from the NFL?
25. Peyton Manning passes $34 million neck exam.
26. Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez has a little fun with the proposed 10-second rule in college football.
|Post Comments »||Comments (41)|