Vanderbilt Victory Completes Most-Wins Season Since 1915, LSU’s Offense Disappears Late As Clemson Rallies To Win
January 1st, 2013 09:00 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: LSU, Vanderbilt
Tags: James Franking, Jeff Duncan Bowl, Les Miles, LSU, North Carolina State, Zac Stacy
1. Vanderbilt forces five North Carolina State turnovers, Zac Stacy runs for 107 yards. Seventh win a row for the Commodores, at 9-4 could crack final AP poll for the first time since 1948.
2. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin: “When you get in the nine-game category,it is a completely different conversation you are in.”
3. “Good is not good enough. Franklin demands excellence.”
4. Commodores employ wildcat formation for 19-of-68 offensive plays.
5. Interception right before half proves crucial.
Clemson 25 – LSU 24
7. LSU blows 11-point lead fourth-quarter lead – just 1 yard of offense in last 15 minutes as Clemson kicks game-winning field goal as time expires.
8. Clemson runs 100 plays – LSU just 48. Zach Mettenberger sacked six times. Les Miles: “He was under duress from the first series on.”
9. Les Miles “must take a serious look at the direction in which his offense is going, especially in its last three postseason games.”
10. Mark Bradley: “For all its success, LSU can sometimes outsmart itself, which is to say that LSU can leave you wondering if it knows what it’s doing.”
11. Jeff Duncan: “Bowl games are supposed to be a reward. This was cruel and unusual punishment.”
|Post Comments »||Comments (5)|