March 13th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Brent Musburger, Jamal Jones, Jesse Palmer, LSU, South Carolina
1. Is Florida the best coaching job in the SEC? Athlon ranks all 128 college football jobs from a coaching perspective.
2. NCAA grants Florida wide receiver/returner Andre Debose a sixth year of eligibility.
3. Who will step up at wide receiver for LSU? 95-percent of receiver production for the Tigers is gone.
4. Will linebacker Kris Frost be a force in the middle for Auburn this fall?
5. South Carolina redshirt sophomore wide receiver Kwinton Smith no longer with the team.
6. Tennessee defensive tackle Danny O’Brien on his offseason arrest: ”I’m glad it happened. It taught me a life lesson that I’ll know forever.”
7. The Internal Revenue Service is auditing three bowls – one of them is the Gator.
8. Expect to see a lot of Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer when the SEC Network launches in August.
9. Several NFL coaches on hand for Alabama’s pro day on Wednesday.
10. Does AJ McCarron think he’s the best quarterback in this draft? ”Yeah, why not?”
11. Texas A&M vs Missouri. What’s the status of Aggies leading scorer Jamal Jones? “If he can walk and chew gum, we will play him because we need him.”
12. Does Missouri need to win the SEC Tournament to reach the Big Dance?
13. South Carolina vs Arkansas. Arkansas guard Mardracus Wade: ”I want to finish out with a bang.”
14. Alabama vs. LSU. Tigers guard Andre Stringer: “I want that sense of urgency to come now.”
15 .Mississippi State vs. Ole Miss. Rebels need big contributions from Anthony Perez if they’re to have any chance of repeating as tournament champs.
16. Could the SEC Tournament do more harm than good for Kentucky?
17. When Florida plays Friday, it will be the first time all season the Gators have played in a domed stadium.
18. Since 1979, Tennessee has gone one-and-done in the SEC Tournament 15 times.
19. Cutting former Auburn coach Tony Barbee no slack: “It wasn’t working. So it was time for him to go.”
|Post Comments »||Comments (27)|