April 15th, 2013 09:30 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Jalen Whitlow, Jalston Fowler, Mark Stoops
1. Alabama receiver Kenny Bell – recovering from a broken leg – is motivated to become a better leader.
2. Crimson Tide running back Jalston Fowler has “a little ways to go” as he returns from a torn ACL.
3. Alabama will visit the White House Monday for the third time in the last four years.
4. Ellis Johnson is adding in some flexibility to his defense at Auburn.
5. Johnson and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee – 32 years apart in age – are learning from each other.
6. LSU coach Les Miles says the Tigers’ offense has continued to improve this spring.
7. Will former Ole Miss basketball player Murphy Holloway take a shot at playing football?
8. Texas A&M’s offense looks “solid” following Saturday’s spring game in College Station.
9. Nebraska transfer Tyler Moore is still expected to start at right tackle for Florida this fall.
10. Here’s an estimated look at Georgia’s offensive depth chart following spring practice.
11. Here’s a video of Kentucky coach Mark Stoops discussing the Wildcats’ defensive ends.
12. There’s more talk about quarterback Jalen Whitlow, who’s making a case to be Kentucky’s starting quarterback.
13. Tennessee needs more consistency from its secondary, which struggled badly in 2012.
14. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin: the 2013 Tennessean of the Year.
15. There’s more talk about Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham, who’s “just a different guy,” according to Gary Pinkel.
16. Patric Young returning could give Florida the nation’s best frontcourt next season.
17. Jordan McRae will return to Tennessee next season. The Vols could be a top 25 team if Jarnell Stokes does the same.
18. The NCAA office believes Miami is “grasping at straws” as it tries to have its case dismissed.
19. Wooden Award winner Trey Burke announced Sunday he will leave Michigan for the NBA.
20. Ohio State has title hopes for 2013. The Buckeyes will lean on quarterback Braxton Miller to lead them.
|Post Comments »||Comments (3)|