June 11th, 2013 09:08 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Athlon Sports, Auburn, Ed Orgeron, Former Ole Miss, Iron Bowl, Phil Steele, SEC
1. College football expert Phil Steele picks Alabama to win its third straight BCS championship.
2. Cost of tickets/donations was the biggest reason given for fans attending less college football games.
3. First-year Auburn coach Gus Malzahn knows plenty about the Iron Bowl rivalry with Alabama.
4. Tree-poisoner Harvey Updyke has another case in Louisiana to deal with now that he’s out of jail.
5. LSU has the top stadium in the conference, according to Athlon. See the entire SEC list.
6. Which non-conference game among SEC teams will be the biggest this upcoming season?
7. The Texas A&M-UTSA game probably won’t make this list when they play each other in 2016.
8. Former Georgia Bulldog Joe Tereshinski Sr., whose son and grandson played at UGA, has passed away at 89.
9. Georgia has no plans to lessen its tough punishment for positive drug tests.
10. Running back Jabo Lee should be Tennessee’s only casualty from the class of 2013.
11. Tough to argue: Alabama voted to have the best offensive triple threat in the SEC.
12. Missouri has released its non-conference schedule for the 2013-14 season.
13. Former Ole Miss head coach and Tennessee assistant Ed Orgeron keeps it classy on players attending class.
14. Athlon Sports has picked Oregon to edge out Stanford for the Pac-12 championship.
15: Report: Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow will sign with the New England Patriots today.
16. Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops responds to his critics, which includes some former Sooner players.
17. Georgia Tech’s AD believes the college football selection committee should stay on the smaller side.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|