June 29th, 2013 11:03 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Antonio Morrison, Chicago Bulls It, Former Missouri, Georgia, Howard Rock, North Carolina State, Pat Dooley, SEC, South Carolina
1. Florida linebacker Antonio Morrison gets deferred prosecution for punching a bouncer outside a Gainesville bar. Record will be clean if he fulfills the terms of the agreement in six months. Altercation originated over a cover charge.
2. What’s it like to be the quarterback at Florida? ”It is a life lived, and a game played, under a microscope.”
4. What Tennessee faces next year. “UT faces coaches with a combined 498-180-3 record and five national championships – and that’s just in the first half of its SEC schedule.”
5. More weeknight games coming to the SEC? “It’s certainly something that we would look at.”
6. Two SEC title contenders not named Alabama? How about Georgia and South Carolina.
7. A focus for the South Carolina offense? Pass protection. Gamecocks ranked 110th of 124 teams nationally with 38 sacks allowed last season.
8. One take on the Texas A&M offense: “I don’t think (former offensive coordinato Kliff) Kingsbury will be missed this fall because this is still Kevin Sumlin’s team and offense.”
9. When it comes to improving SEC basketball, how much of an impact will strength of schedule have?
10. Speaking of the schedule, Tennessee adds a a home-and-home series with North Carolina State.
11. A critique of former Arkansas guard B.J. Young: ”In two years he went backward in most every phase except his overall strength and muscle…”
12. The Detroit Pistons were impressed with the work ethic of former Georgia player Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. “He brought it every night.”
13. Former Florida Gator Erik Murphy’s reaction to being drafted by the Chicago Bulls: “It’s a dream come true.”
14. Former Missouri guard Phil Pressey will audition for the Boston Celtics during the NBA Summer League in Orlando. Laurence Bowers will play for the Memphis Grizzlies summer-league team.
15. Kentucky had two players selected in the first round of this year’s draft. But 2014 could be John Calipari’s best draft night yet.
16. The Canadian pipeline to American college football has been around for some time. “Steve Spurrier recruited quarterback Jesse Palmer to Florida from Nepean, Ontario.”
17. Police arrest an 18-year old in connection with the Howard’s Rock incident at Clemson – thought to be a Clemson fan.
18. Five SEC baseball stadiums rated in the top 10 in the country – Mississippi State No. 1, South Carolina No. 2, Arkansas No. 3, LSU No. 7, Vanderbilt No. 9.
19. Tennessee’s billionaire Haslam family selling their ownership of a minor league baseball team.
|Post Comments »||Comments (5)|