June 8th, 2013 11:40 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Butch Jones, Georgia, Harvey Updyke Jr, Mississippi State, NCAA, SEC
1. NCAA violations at Mississippi State are the sixth major infractions case for the SEC in the past four years – tied with Conference USA for most in that time period.
2. Mississippi State loses two scholarships this year but officials are pleased with the outcome of the NCAA investigation.
3. Georgia freshman John Atkins arrested Friday on minor traffic violations – won’t miss any playing time.
4. Chip Towers: “I am not out to get the Georgia Bulldogs. Neither is the University of Georgia Police.”
5. Tennessee coach Butch Jones on running back Marlin Lane: “He’s back working out with the team.”
6. Nick Saban will speak in the East Tennessee town of Athens Tuesday night. In nearby Cleveland, TN, Butch Jones spoke on Friday night. “No orange pants.”
7. In terms of career starts, Tennessee’s offensive line has the second-most experience in the country. Georgia is seventh.
8. There are four returning SEC quarterbacks who won at least 11 games a year ago. Chances are you hear less about Jeff Driskel than you do the other three.
9. Harvey Updyke Jr. – the man who poisoned the oaks at Toomer’s Corner – scheduled to be released from jail Monday.
10. Former LSU guard Corban Collins is transferring to Morehead State while the Tigers are reportedly adding former UCLA assistant Korey McRay to the coaching staff.
11. Georgia assistant Jonah Hayes getting a promotion and raise – more than tripling his salary.
12. Kansas coach Bill Self on the rivalry with Missouri:“ Hey, I wanted the Missouri job; they didn’t hire me.”
13. AJ McCarron and Katherine Webb - not engaged…yet.
14. New York Times: Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy “ruled out nearly 40 universities as transfer options for quarterback Wes Lunt.”
|Post Comments »||One Comment|