June 30th, 2013 12:25 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, College News, Football Bowl Subdivision, Gus Malzahn Probably, Jay Jacobs, Kyle Wiltjer, Phil Steele, SEC
1. University of Florida walk-on redshirt freshman punter Grant Van Aman arrested for DUI – on his scooter.
2. As of late Saturday, no arrests made in Nashville sex crimes investigation that’s led Vanderbilt to boot four guys from the team.
3. David Climer: “Like it or not, Vanderbilt football has joined the long list of programs that are on trial in the court of public opinion.”
4. Former Pitt running back Rushel Shell will reportedly decide between Kentucky and West Virginia.
5. Ranking the SEC receiving corps. Alabama with the best, Kentucky with the worst?
6. “Sagging student attendance is an issue across the country — even at schools winning championships — but at Tennessee, the drop has been especially stark.”
7. Kevin Scarbinsky has an issue with SEC football coaches and their schedules: “They’ve been overdosing on cupcakes for years.”
8. What Auburn A.D. Jay Jacobs has learned about coach Gus Malzahn: “Probably the most obvious thing I didn’t know was I’m not sure he ever sleeps.”
9. “There’s no better time than now to be a freshman defensive end at Auburn.”
10. Outgoing University of Georgia president Michael Adams will always be remembered for forcing out A.D. and former football coach Vince Dooley. ”I did what I thought was in the best interests of the university, and I still feel that way today.”
11, Here’s a breakdown of over/under win totals for every SEC team.
12. Kentucky coach John Calipari was asked about the possibility of Kyle Wiltjer returning. ”I don’t know. He and I texted each other today. So I’ll probably text him to see where he is with things.”
13. Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin sees increased confidence from Jordan McRae. ”He feels like no one can guard him.”
14. Phil Steele updates his list of college players out for the year.
15. Here’s how all the Football Bowl Subdivision conferences align starting tomorrow.
16. For many schools, the conference isn’t the only thing changing. ”All told, there are a staggering 31 new head coaches at 125 FBS schools. That’s one of every four.”
17. Tomorrow is the first day of July which means we’re one day and one month closer to the start of college football. The dancing gingerbread likes that idea.
|Post Comments »||Comments (3)|