November 25th, 2010 09:20 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Centenary Gentlemen, Grambling State, Trent Johnson, Virginia Commonwealth
It’s not often you’ll see the following sentence:
“The SEC went undefeated in basketball last night… except for Kentucky.”
But that’s what happened yesterday. Five league teams were in action and only John Calipari’s young Wildcats were upended.
* Vanderbilt crushed Grambling State 92-59 behind the first double-double of Festus Ezeli’s career.
* Rotnei Clarke scored 19 points to lead Arkansas past Southeast Missouri State 66-56. The attendance was 10,636 which is tick above the 6,000 UA had been averaging.
* Trent Johnson won his 200th career game as LSU dispatched the Centenary Gentlemen 78-36.
* Bruce Pearl and Tennessee reached the finals of the NIT Season Tip-Off with a 77-72 win over Virginia Commonwealth (coached by former Florida assistant Shaka Smart). The Vols will face Villanova tomorrow.
* Calipari said his team was “outplayed, out-coached, out-everythinged” in an 84-67 loss to UConn in the finals of the Maui Invitational. It was Connecticut’s second takedown of a Top 10 foe in as many days.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|