September 3rd, 2011 07:56 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Boise State, Dave Hart, Georgia Dome, SEC
1. Dennis Dodd: “As the Big 12 looks for new dance partners and Texas A&M waits to be asked to the SEC prom, realignment is centering on Texas and Oklahoma.”
2. Late Friday afternoon Big 12 conference call – presidents from Oklahama, Texas and Texas A&M reportedly excluded.
3. University of Oklahoma president David Boren: “There is no school in the Big 12 more active than we are right now.”
4. Coaches and television contracts have turned the SEC into the dominant league in college football.
5. Jon Solomon: “The games are back. Lord, do we need them.”
6. The three Boise State players withheld from tonight’s game are all from Amsterdam.
7. Mark Bradley:” I still can’t get over Boise State being favored against Georgia — in the Georgia Dome.“
8. Jim Kleinpeter:” LSU might even need this game a little more than Oregon, with a tougher schedule to follow.”
9. Scott Rabalais: “If you think that (Jarrett) Lee might be panicked by suddenly being thrown into the role of starting quarterback and leader...you’d be mistaken.”
10. ”(R)arely has a game on Labor Day weekend featured as much significance to the BCS title hunt as this one does.”
11. With both Alabama and Tennessee waiting for his answer, Dave Hart considers his options.
12. John Adams on Montana- Tennessee: “You want insight and information? Wait till next week.”
13. For only the second time in his 19 seasons as a head coach, Houston Nutt will not call plays this year.
14. By position, best and worst case scenarios this season for the Florida Gators.
15. Some of the rule changes impacting college football this year.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|