March 23rd, 2014 10:30 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Andrew Harrison, Auburn, Geoff Collins, LSU
1. Georgia wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell out for the rest of the spring with another leg injury.
2. Georgia coach Mark Richt: “The good news is we think he’ll be ready by the summertime to be working and be 100 percent by the time camp starts.”
3. Injury to his right foot likely means Auburn defensive end LaDarius Owens will miss the rest of the spring.
4. Salary pool for Auburn assistant coaches will increase by nearly $1 million.
5. Auburn defensive tackles Gabe Wright and Montravius Adams taking reps at defensive end this spring.
6. Arkansas quarterback’s Brandon Allen’s shoulder has healed completely.
7. LSU coach Les Miles is counting on his incoming recruiting class. ”The recruiting class will hit us just where we need to be hit. Some of those guys are going to get first (team) snaps.”
8. LSU wide receiver John Diarse’s ankle is 100% after being redshirted last season following a high ankle sprain.
9. Ole Miss defensive coordinator Dave Wommack: “I love the energy of this team. The competition has been great.”
10. Alabama had two players put on more than 30 pounds in the offseason.
11. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen and defensive coordinator Geoff Collins orchestrated an argument in front of the team.
12. About that Florida 4-8 season in 2013: “It seems inconceivable — and yet it happened.”
13. Wichita State vs Kentucky: “The team chasing 40-0 against the team that was supposed to go 40-0. ”
14. Will Kentucky guard Andrew Harrison be ready to play today?
15. Tennessee and Mercer are survivors – not Cinderellas.
16. “UT athletic director Dave Hart might be wise to extend Cuonzo’s contract rather than paying another coach not to coach.”
17. Bruce Pearls’ show cause penalty expires in August. ”It’s up to Auburn to get the exact details of what Pearl can and can’t do for the next five months. ”
18. “Right now, Pearl is speaking to more potential recruits through the tube than he could on the phone or in person.”
|Post Comments »||Comments (38)|