November 27th, 2010 02:23 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
Tags: Gameday Information It, Kentucky Run, Tennessee Volunteers, UK
Content provided by A Sea Of Blue.
Well, ‘Cat fans, it’s sunny and 42 degrees here in chilly Las Vegas, and 2000 miles away in Knoxville, the Kentucky Wildcats are suiting up for their annual tilt against the Tennessee Volunteers, a game in which the Volunteers have walked away the victors for the last 25 years.
Contest particulars are as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Kentucky @ Tennessee|
|Game Notes||UK Notes | UK Depth Chart
UT Notes | UT Depth Chart
|Date & Time||Saturday, Nov. 27
|Coverage||TV: SEC Network
Online Video via ESPN3
It’s totally unnecessary to go on and on about the importance of this game, or the historical abuse Kentucky has suffered at the hands of the Vols. This year has a chance to be different. This year, the Wildcats have a real shot at winning, even though the game is on the road.
Keys to the game for Kentucky:
- Run the football. As good as Kentucky’s passing attack has been, the Vols are mediocre at stopping the run, and they will expect UK to throw a lot.
- Find a way to get pressure on Tyler Bray. If UK cannot, the secondary will have to have a monster game.
- Take care of the football. Turnovers have killed UK this year.
- Get the ball to Derrick Locke and Randall Cobb early and often.
- Don’t be afraid to win. I think the history between these teams has gotten into the heads of some of the previous teams. This is just another football game, and UK needs to go about this in a professional manner, without being too up or too down.
- Play well on special teams. Special teams play has been inconsistent for the Wildcats this year, and has arguably cost us at least one game.
I’ll be cheering from the sports book, or wherever I can find a TV to watch the game on. I know we all want this game. Let’s try to enjoy it.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|