April 27th, 2013 11:04 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Cowboys Stadium, Eddie Lacy, Europe, Lars Anderson, Tide
1. What did we learn in spring practice about skill position players at Auburn?
2. Former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer on SEC domination and the teams he says that were better than the 1998 national champs: “We had a national championship and we had three teams that were probably better than that team that didn’t win it — ’95, ’97 and 2001.”
3. League source explaining Eddie Lacy’s fall to bottom of second round - injuries and a perceived lack of passion. Lacy “with the right team.”
4. New Kansas City coach Andy Reid on his new running back, former Razorback Knile Davis: “He knows his problem, the label he has out on him now, being a fumbler. He’ll work hard to fix that and we think we can help him with that.”
5. At one point, Texas A&M’s Damontre Moore was projected as the second overall pick of the draft. He wasn’t even the second player taken from his team.
7. Florida’s Jon Bostic headed to Chicago - “where middle linebacking is a religion.”
8. Missouri’s Zavier Gooden was the fastest linebacker at the combine - a big reason why he was drafted in the third round by the Titans. ”You can’t teach speed.”
9. Former Auburn receiver Emory Blake may or may not hear his name called today. ”I’m not too worried about it.”
10. What to watch for in Day Three of the draft.
11. Parents influenced Trevor Lacy’s decision to transfer from Alabama.
12. Alabama will play in the NIT Season Tip-Off.
13. Two years after terror struck Tuscaloosa, author Lars Anderson discusses “The Storm and the Tide.”
14. Notre Dame and Arizona State will play in Cowboys Stadium in October.
15. ACC may consider playing some football and basketball games in Europe.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|