July 6th, 2013 11:45 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Darrin Kitchens, Eric Gordon, Mike Kryzewski, SEC
1. The sex-crimes investigation at Vanderbilt that’s led to the dismissal of four players could go to a grand jury. Will it damage coach James Franklin? “It’s a bad episode, but it’s the first episode.”
2. Mitchell Maxwell was planning to walkon at Mississipi State. He was found dead Thursday.
3. Florida linebacker Darrin Kitchens stood alone to honor the team’s postgame tradition following the bowl loss to Louisville. It was a gesture not forgotten by fans.
4. The Florida-Georgia game is the most expensive college football ticket in the Sunshine State.
5. What’s the status of Tennessee defensive back Eric Gordon? Coach Butch Jones: “He has not been reinstated to the team.”
6. The last two members of Tennessee’s 2013 class are arriving on campus this weekend.
7. USA Today previews the Vols and their new coach: “Tennessee hired a program-builder, a coach with the deft touch and clear vision for remaking this program into one of the SEC’s best.”
8. South Carolina is 17-3 over the last two seasons with Connor Shaw as the starting quarterback.
9. Of the 44 players on the Paul Hornung Award Watch List, nine are from the SEC. With Trey Burton and Louchiez Purifoy, Florida only SEC school with more than one.
10. What it’s going to take for Alabama and Auburn to exceed their projected regular season win totals this fall? For Alabama, it means an undefeated season.
11. Nick Saban will be the subject of a “60 Minutes” profile this fall.
12. “The Rivalry. Red vs. Blue” is a new documentary about Kentucky and Louisville.
13. Last year’s SEC opener against Georgia changed the way Zaxby’s looked at the University of Missouri. “They were blown away by Columbia and how great the market was.”
14. A nearly $10 million renovation of the press box at Mizzou’s Memorial Stadium expected to completed by September.
15. With a current student-athlete able to join the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit against the NCAA, are we about to see a major change in this case?
16. Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings on submitting non-conference schedules to the league office. ”I’m not a huge fan, to be honest with you.” MrSEC’s View – Time to hire a hoops czar.
17. Former Mississippi State player Rodney Hood now indispensable at Duke?
18. And speaking of Duke, coach Mike Kryzewski not a fan of Notre Dame joining the league in all things but football. ”I would never have accepted personally them coming in and not being totally in.”
|Post Comments »||Comments (6)|