January 6th, 2012 01:07 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: BCS, Emotional Tiger, LSU, Marquis Maze
Time for our daily, quickie look at what’s being said about Monday’s night BCS title match between LSU and Alabama…
1. Amen to this writer’s assertion that it’ll actually be good to see someone play defense in a BCS bowl game come Monday.
2. Game of the Century II will be won in the trenches.
3. LSU corner Tyrann Mathieu has had a honey of a season.
4. Emotional Tiger defensive coordinator John Chavis says he doesn’t cry when he’s mad, but he does when he’s happy.
5. Chavis — a believer that “luck follows speed” — has his D playing fast and furious.
6. Les Miles’ club’s accomplishments in the regular season look even better after their victims’ bowl showings. (Yeah, that West Virginia team that put 70 on ACC champ Clemson? They lost to LSU at home by 26 points, 47-21.)
7. Alabama fans are hoping offensive coordinator Jim McElwain can complete the job at hand.
8. Tide quarterback AJ McCarron will need to settle down in his rematch with LSU’s defense.
9. Bama tailback Trent Richardson wants to improve on his past performances against the Bayou Bengals.
10. Marquis Maze still says a punt he failed to field in Game of the Century I hit a wire connected to an over-the-field camera. (Considering a player almost got smacked by a falling cam in this bowl, it’s probably time to yank these things before they interfere with play… or worse.)
Bonus — Here’s a comparison of LSU’s O-line to Alabama’s D-line… and here’s a comparison of Alabama’s O-line to LSU’s D-line.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|