April 6th, 2012 11:29 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: David Cason, Eastern Illinois, jersey, Tyler Bray
1. Florida is hoping for big things from cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy, the man wearing Tim Tebow’s old #15 jersey. (I wonder if that jersey features an image of Tebow’s face, Shroud of Turin-style.)
2. Georgia’s secondary is still mixin’ and matchin’ due to departures, dismissals and suspensions.
3. Athlon Sports has named Joker Phillips one of the 10 worst college football coaches in America.
4. If South Carolina trades Arkansas for Texas A&M, this writer thinks it would be good thing for the Gamecocks.
5. Tennessee offensive coordinator Jim Chaney says Tyler Bray “seems a lot more mature and a lot more driven than he ever has.” (He also likes his team’s depth behind Bray.)
6. Vanderbilt basketball assistant David Cason is a finalist for the head coaching job at Eastern Illinois.
7. Missouri is having to defend its academic policies after an ex-football player told Bob Costas’ new television show that he was “steered” toward an agriculture major. (And you thought Mizzou wouldn’t fit in with the SEC.)
|Post Comments »||No Comments|