November 20th, 2010 08:20 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
Tags: Appalachian State, Earl Okine, Mississippi State, Urban Meyer
Content provided by Swamp Things – Gators Blog.
Florida QB John Brantley's touchdown catch was a highlight in a game where many Gators were injured. (US Presswire photo)
While Florida had plenty of positives in its 48-10 win over Appalachian State, the Gators picked up more injuries heading into the final game of the year. Here’s the latest:
– CB Janoris Jenkins left the game in the first half with a “slight concussion,” coach Urban Meyer said.
– CB Jeremy Brown did not play because of a hamstring injury he suffered this week in practice.
– Defensive lineman Earl Okine suffered a concussion when trying to block a punt. He laid on the field for a while before immediately being taken to the locker room appearing to favor his left shoulder.
– DT Dominique Easley, who has been in the coaches’ doghouse and not played since the Georgia game, suffered a sprained ankle that left him on crutches.
– WR Andre Debose did not dress. Meyer said it was because of a sprained ankle he has been dealing with since the Mississippi State game on Oct. 16.
– RB Jeff Demps played but did not get a carry as he continues to deal with a stress reaction in his foot that has limited him since Sept. 18.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|