January 29th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Chris Walker, Does Auburn, Kenny Gaines, SEC
1. Missouri football, an alleged sexual assault and a swimmer’s suicide. ”This much is incontrovertible: Mizzou made no public comment regarding Menu Courey’s case until ESPN posted its story online last Friday.”
2. Former Missouri wide receiver Rolandis Woodland on his role in the controversy over the alleged incident in 2010 involving football players. ”People are saying ‘Why did you do this? You could get into trouble. Do you just want to be famous?’
3. David Climer on new Alabama assistant coach Lane Kiffin: “There’s alcohol rehab, drug rehab, even sex rehab (remember Tiger Woods?), so why not coaching rehab?”
4. Give us more. Tennessee sells out its allotment of tickets for the “Battle of Bristol” - 2016 game against Virginia Tech at the Bristol Motor Speedway. Coach Butch Jones gets stuck in Atlanta weather.
5. Texas A&M wide receiver – early enrollee Speedy Noil - will be wearing Johnny Manziel’s number two this spring. Aggies have only retired one jersey – John David Crow’s number 44. Should Johnny’s number 2 be added to the list?
6. Is Russell Wilson a model for new Alabama quarterback Jacob Coker? 10 college quarterbacks who transferred and found success.
7. An early look at some top 2014 SEC games.
8. Alabama at Auburn had been scheduled for tonight. Bad weather has postponed it until Thursday. Does Auburn coach Tony Barbee deserve another year? Anthony Grant “will get scant credit for a win, and very loud static with a loss…”
9. Vanderbilt at Georgia. Plan is to play tonight despite weather concerns – confirmation coming later today. Once again, Bulldogs may again be without injured guards Kenny Gaines and Juwan Parker.
10. Texas A&M at South Carolina. Gamecocks face a Texas A&M team that’s lost confidence after losing three straight in SEC play. Coach Billy Kennedy: “We haven’t handled it well.”
12. SEC Teams are going to the free-throw line an average of 25.4 times this season. That’s up from 20.3 last season.
13. Florida may get word on the fate of Chris Walker this week.
14. Mississippi State wide receiver Da’Runnya Wilson making the transition from the girdiron to the hardwood.
15. One take on Missouri’s victory over Arkansas Tuesday night – “winning at Arkansas may be a more difficult task than beating Kentucky at home.”
16. Making the argument for why Kentucky won’t win a title this year.
17. “LSU has no business missing out on the tournament, but that may end up being precisely what happens.”
18. Atlanta Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman gets saved from Atlanta gridlock by an old teammate.
19. Ohio State coach abandons his rental car in Atlanta and starts walking to the airport.
20. $400 million stadium expansion at Notre Dame.
21. Congressman threatens to throw reporter off balcony – on camera.
|Post Comments »||Comments (62)|