May 10th, 2013 12:29 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Big Ten, Bob Stoops, Derrick Henry, Eddie Lacy, ESPN, FCS, Georgia, Kwanza Johnson, SEC
1. Is Auburn still shopping for a transfer quarterback? “We’ve got two guys currently, we’ve got three coming in. We feel like all of them can play.”
2. The trial of former Auburn player Dakota Mosley - who was prominent in ESPN’s coverage of failed synthetic marijuana tests – remains tentatively scheduled for June 10.
4. Nick Saban with an endorsement of a power conference schedule. He likes what the Big Ten is doing – moving away from playing FCS schools. “I’m for five conferences – everybody playing everybody in those five conferences.”
6. Saban updates spring practice injuries – including running back Derrick Henry.
7. Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel and his NFL critics.
8. Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo is guarding against complacency. ”I’m not the most popular guy with our offensive football team right now.”
9. Tennessee secondary looks thin after the departure of cornerback Daniel Gray.
10. Some marquee non-conference matchups involving SEC teams.
11. David Climer on Bob Stoops’ comments regarding the SEC. ”The Oklahoma coach is right.” Top six SEC teams went 30-0 against the bottom eight in 2012.
12. Matt Hayes disagrees: “Last year, the Big 12 had one team in the top 10 of the final BCS regular season poll. The SEC had six.”
13. Joe Walljasper: “Look, we don’t judge the Jacksons on the merits of Rebbie and La Toya.”
14. MrSEC’s take - top to bottom –the SEC dominates everyone else come bowl season.
15. Long rumored – finally happening. Georgia assistant coach Kwanza Johnson leaving for a job with TCU. Bulldogs only getting Florida, Tennessee and Kentucky on the road next year. Coach Mark Fox: ”Those are our biggest draws, and we don’t have that at home, so that’s concerning,”
17. The question that will be asked all year – Kentucky or Louisville?
19. Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany will be deposed in Ed O’Bannon lawsuit against NCAA.
20. . Concern over a toe was apparently the reason why former Alabama running back Eddie Lacy fell to late in the second round of the NFL draft.
21. Jeff Pearlman: “ Were it not for (Donald) Trump, (Tim) Tebow may very well have a job right now.” (If you’ve ever watched the ESPN documentary- ”Small Potatoes: Who Killed The USFL?” – you’ll know why Pearlman’s comments make sense.)
|Post Comments »||No Comments|