February 22nd, 2014 11:15 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Butch Jones, Derek Mason, Gil Brandt, Louis Rams, Maty Mauk
1. Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason discussing suspended assistant Vavae Tata: “In terms of coaching football with the Vanderbilt Commodores this year, it’s not going to happen.” Later clarified: “I’ll just stick by my statement that he’s suspended right now.”
2. Tennessee coach Butch Jones on the proposed 10-second rule in college football: “I think it’s the equivalent of telling a basketball team you can’t full-court press.”
3. Charges of resisting arrest dropped against Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson in exchange for community service and good behavior in the next 90 days.
4. Perhaps the biggest surprise of an Alabama poll on SEC quarterbacks? The love for Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk.
5. Just ONE -an interesting question for college fans to ponder.
6. Gil Brandt on Johnny Manziel: “He might be 5-11 and 3/4 but he plays like he’s 10-foot tall.”
7. Mike Mayock on Manziel: “When he got frustrated with not being able to get out of the pocket quickly enough, his accuracy and decision-making would suffer.”
8. The St. Louis Rams found some bad resume tape on Auburn tackle Greg Robinson: “I told them you can look at my later film and I improved it.”
9. LSU’s Jeremy Hill sent a letter to every NFL team explaining his off-field incidents and attaching character references.
10. South Carolina wide receiver Bruce Ellington on his final performance as a Gamecock: ”That was the game that kind of sealed the deal, if I was going to stay or come back.”
11. Breaking down the measurements on the Tennessee players at the NFL Combine.
12. In football, 10 SEC coaches crack the top 25 highest-paid list. In basketball, just five of them do.
|Post Comments »||Comments (20)|