April 2nd, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Deontae Skinner, Jordan Davis, LSU, Marcus Lee
1. Is running back Alex Collins unhappy at Arkansas? Running backs coach Joel Thomas: “That’s the first news that it’s been told to me.”
2. Mural of Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason will be redone after complaints from the school’s NCAA chapter. ”In the mural, his skin is black, not brown, and his lips are white. It doesn’t look like him.”
3. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel says linebacker Kentrell Brothers expected to be 100% by June. Underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder Friday.
4. Can Mizzou’s receivers fill the void left behind by Marcus Lucas and L’Damian Washington?
5. Florida coach Will Muschamp on the Gators new offense. “I am very pleased offensively with where we are as far as the installation is concerned,”
6. With Jay Rome and Jordan Davis out, Georgia down to one healthy scholarship tight end. And on the offensive line, “the guards are anyone’s guess.”
7. Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown on the 2013 season: “With the exception of three games, we had opportunities to win in the fourth quarter…”
8. Kentucky’s practice facility getting a $10 million donation.
9. With a mass exodus along the offensive line, walk-on tackle Jacob Gilliam has a chance to play at Tennessee.
10. How does LSU’s offensive line compare to the one in 2007?
11. “If LSU can bring Pac-12 teams to its campus down the road... why can’t Alabama and Auburn do the same?”
13. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn is making a point to welcome former players. ”We would welcome all of them.”
14. Two linebackers are trying to replace the production of departed senior Deontae Skinner at Mississippi State. Higher expectations for the Bulldogs in 2014?
15. Ole Miss coaches are impressed with early enrollee and backup safety. C.J. Hampton.
16. Pro Timing Day got underway at South Carolina this morning. Jadeveon Clowney headlines the 10 participants.
17. Running back Alfred Blue hoping to stand out at LSU’s pro day next week.
18. Tennessee A.D. Dave Hart on coach Cuonzo Martin: “We are proud that Cuonzo Martin will continue to lead our men’s basketball program.”
19. What’s next year look like for Martin and Tennessee? “On face, it’s not exactly a loaded roster.”
20. Georgia expected to announce extension for coach Mark Fox later today.
21. Kentucky’s Aaron Harrison game-winning shot against Michigan makes the cover of Sports Illustrated.
22. Kentucky freshman Marcus Lee got a standing ovation from his marketing class on Tuesday.
23. High expectations at Florida. “Florida fans seem to expect a championship, but you can’t count on everything,”
24. Alabama center Carl Engstrom is leaving the program to pursue options in Europe.
25. Alabama coach Anthony Grant: “As a program, we’re not where we want to be … yet.”
26. Auburn coach Bruce Pearl on the spring signing period in basketball: “It’s a seller’s market.”
27. Several former Auburn players are possible assistant coaches on Pearl’s staff.
28. Recruit tweets that he’s committed to Baylor. April ‘Fools!
29. Congratulations Final Four ticket holder. Now here’s your view.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|