November 22nd, 2012 10:31 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, David Cutcliffe, Frankie Sullivan, South Carolina
1. One of the things potentially at stake in the NCAA investigation at Auburn – Gene Chizik’s buyout.
2. Just two years ago in the Iron Bowl game, both teams were ranked in the top 10. How did the gap between the two widen so quickly?
3. The buzz words recruits hear when being pitched by Alabama or Auburn.
4. Texas A&M is talking about returning to a Thanksgiving day game. A&M president Bowen Loftin: “It’d be nice to have one against a nationally prominent rival in the SEC.”
5. He speaks. Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel will meet with the media for the first time next week, according to coach Kevin Sumlin.
6. After five long years, looks like LSU has a legitimate quarterback in Zach Mettenberger.
7. Backup Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott could be a weapon against Ole Miss.
8. The prize of last February’s Ole Miss recruiting class is starting to pay dividends.
9. Arkansas coach John L. Smith on his seniors: “This has been a great class.”
10. Former Tennessee player and current TV analyst Charles Davis on Jon Gruden and the Vols: ”Jon hasn’t said word one to me. But if Tennessee’s interested in him, I’m pretty sure he’s going to listen.”
11. Vanderbilt A.D. David Williams on coach James Franklin: “I don’t worry about James leaving, but I’m happy to worry that other people are interested in James.”
12. Commodores kicker Carey Spear isn’t afraid to tackle people.
13. Could Georgia’s coordinators be offseason targets for other schools?
14. Is the rivalry between South Carolina and Clemson about to enter a golden era?
15. Offensive coordinator Brent Pease is facing something at Florida he never heard at Boise State – criticism of his offense.
16. Facing the possibility of his first losing season since 2004, will Missouri coach Gary Pinkel shakeup his staff this offseason? ”No, no,” Pinkel said firmly. “There will be no staff changes.”
17. Only three assistants have left Mizzou in Pinkel’s 12 years.
18. Missouri quarterback James Franklin could be a game-day decision.
19. On their way out the door, why are Kentucky coaches endorsing Maxwell Smith for quarterback?
20. Goodbye to the Big East?
21. Duke coach David Cutcliffe isn’t going anywhere – signs a contract extension through 2019.
22. ESPN is paying $470 million a year to air the college football playoffs once it starts after the 2014 season.
23. Oddsmakers have Alabama as the overwhelming BCS title favorite.
24. Dennis Dodd: ”If realignment has taught us one thing, it’s that rivalries don’t matter.”
26. Boston College 50 – Auburn 49. Frankie Sullivan with 23 points for the Tigers.
27. Texas 69 – Mississippi State 55. Bulldogs drop three straight in Hawaii.
28. Elon 66 – South Carolina 53. First loss of the year for the Gamecocks.
29. Missouri faces its first real test of the season with a game against Stanford in the Bahamas.
30. Vanderbilt faces Davidson in Florida this afternoon.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|