March 3rd, 2014 09:30 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, David Climer, SEC, Vanderbilt
1. Alabama’s consecutive losses to end the 2013 season could help the Crimson Tide heading into 2014.
2. Former players heaped praise on Lane Kiffin and predicted he will have success at Alabama.
3. Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall won’t be working with George Whitfield Jr. or any other outside quarterback coaches.
4. Gus Malzahn hasn’t watched the BCS championship loss to Florida State. That hasn’t kept him from thinking about it.
5. Texas A&M offensive coordinator Jake Spavital says the Aggies will continue to have a dynamic offense.
6. Athlon Sports has ranked the nation’s top rosters heading into 2014. Alabama is No. 1.
7. Tennessee will replace its entire offensive line when spring practice begins this week.
8. Do Saban’s Alabama players come with injury risks for NFL teams?
9. Defensive end Kony Ealy should be Missouri’s next first round pick.
10. Arkansas was able to stay focused this time around after its win at Kentucky.
11. Pat Forde on John Calipari following Kentucky’s loss at South Carolina: “When the going got tough, Cal got out.”
12. Kentucky’s offense needs a quick fix, writes John Clay.
13. The SEC standings are a mess behind Florida, which is still undefeated in conference play.
14. A win at Vanderbilt this week could give LSU some momentum heading into the SEC tournament.
15. Mississippi State’s RPI continues to plummet after another 0-2 week for the Bulldogs.
16. The last few games have not gone well for Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson.
17. Tennessee can’t allow a slip up after beating Vanderbilt by 38 points on Saturday.
18. SEC basketball needs to break out of its slump, writes David Climer.
19. Mark Cuban doesn’t like the “one-and-done rule.” For some reason he thinks that rule was created by the NCAA.
20. Florida is No. 1 in the CBS Sports top 25 (and one). No other SEC team makes the list.
21. Arizona clinched the Pac-12 championship with a home win over Stanford.
22. March is here. And there’s still plenty of uncertainty in college basketball.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|