July 30th, 2013 09:30 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Dan Wetzel, Mark Richt, South Carolina
1. Georgia coach Mark Richt on Jadeveon Clowney: “I think he might be the very best player who exists today.”
2. Auburn’s coaching staff is ready to open fall camp. The Tigers will hit the practice field on Friday.
3. Auburn fans weren’t happy with former offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler’s recent comments.
4. Here are five storylines for Mississippi State entering the upcoming season.
5. The schedule for the Bulldogs could be tougher than it first appears, writes Brad Locke.
6. Defensive tackle Isaac Gross is the No. 14 most important player for Ole Miss.
7. Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron and his former teammate Phillip Sims shared some respect on twitter.
8. Here are five questions for Kent State, a team LSU should dominate with ease this season.
9. Johnny (Manziel) was being Johnny when got booted from a frat party last weekend, writes Barrett Sallee.
10. The Arkansas football program moved into its new building last week, which means new projects are up next.
11. Florida is working to make sure it fills up its stadium for all six home games this season.
12. Florida’s first two games will have noon kickoffs. Get ready for some heat and humidity early in the season.
13. Mark Richt would like to see a league-wide drug policy. “I’d love it everybody had the same level playing ground.”
14. South Carolina will be a “legitimate national title contender” if it starts the season with a 2-0 record, according to Phil Steele.
15. Athlon Sports looks at South Carolina’s rise to power under head coach Steve Spurrier.
16. The sex crimes investigation involving four former Vanderbilt players is nearing an end, police say.
17. Here are five key questions as Tennessee prepares to begin practice on Friday.
18. “Things look bleak” for Vanderbilt following the losses of guards Kevin Bright and Kedren Johnson yesterday.
19. A Georgia walk-on suffered a torn ACL during a bomb explosion while he was serving in the military.
20. Here’s an update on Tennessee’s non-conference schedule. The Vols will play UTEP, followed by Iowa or Xavier in Nassau, Bahamas.
21. Kentucky coach John Calipari has released a new clothing line.
22. Rick Bozich takes Louisville to task for considering the idea of bringing in former Auburn running back Michael Dyer.
23. Gordon Gee will receive $5.8 million to not be Ohio State’s president.
24. What is the future for the American Athletic Conference? Dennis Dodd takes a look.
25. Police searched a pond in Bristol, Conn., in connection to the murder case involving Aaron Hernandez.
26. Dan Wetzel reports from the pretrial hearing involving three former Penn State administrators.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|