April 4th, 2013 12:29 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Chaz Sutton, Damion Square, Former Alabama, Georgia, Meet South Carolina, Mike Rice, Ryan Kelly, SEC, South Carolina
1. Senquez Golson reportedly turned down $1.8 million from the Boston Red Sox in order to go to college. Now the Ole Miss cornerback is giving up baseball to focus on football.
3. Florida’s Gideon Ajagbe has moved from linebacker to fullback this spring. ”Oh, he’s a monster. He’s a complete monster.”
4. Gators linebacker Dante Fowler, Jr. will also lineup at defensive end. Teammate D.J. Humphries: “Dante, he’s a freak now.”
5. Add Tennessee to the growing list of teams working on a fast-paced, uptempo offense. “Jones’ offense will be very hurry-up.”
6. Tennessee quarterback Justin Worley on the new offensive system: “I’m glad they’re not throwing the whole offense on us in four days and we’re out there treading water.”
7. Quarterbacks guru George Whitfield recently spent time with Georgia’s Aaron Murray. Last week, it was Mizzou quarterback James Franklin’s turn.
8. Could Alabama center Ryan Kelly play tackle? “Nobody is really set on positions right now, but I know everyone is really moving around.”
9. So Ryan Kelly, if AJ McCarron pushes – will you push back? ”I guess we’ll see what happens.”
10. Auburn’s first full scrimmage of the spring is this Saturday. Gus Malzahn: ”We’re being very physical and we’re straining their bodies physically. We’re asking a lot of them and that’s the good thing.”
11. Everyone knows Jadeveon Clowney. Meet South Carolina’s “other” defensive end – Chaz Sutton.
12. Carolina defensive line coach Deke Adams: “Everybody knows the offensive linemen are going to focus on one guy (Clowney) and he is going to get so much attention.”
13. Tony Barnhart assesses South Carolina’s chances: ”It is not a stretch to believe that South Carolina could post double-digit wins for the third consecutive season in 2013.”
14. Cornerback Damian Swann is now the veteran of the Georgia defense. Started all 14 games last year. The rest of the returning Bulldogs defense combined for 26 starts.
15. Big focus at Arkansas this spring? Cutting down on pre-snap penalties.
16. Injury in a pickup basketball game has Vanderbilt assistant coach Charles Bankins using a scooter at practice.
17. With BBVA Compass pulling their sponsorship of the bowl in Birmingham, what’s the future of SEC bowls? SEC official says he expects discussions to continue through early summer.
18. When it comes to linemen and NFL prospects - how big is too big?
19. Two big questions for Georgia basketball - will Kentavious Caldwell-Pope turn pro and is UCLA freshman Tony Parker possibly headed to Athens?
20. When it comes to NCAA Tournament money and the SEC, the conference is going in the wrong direction. Next year’s value projected at the lowest level in at least seven years.
21. In the wake of the Mike Rice scandal, how about we remove the ability of coaches to control where players transfer?
22. Hey Bobby Knight, care to comment on Mike Rice?
23. Rice has a $100,000 bonus coming for making it through the season.
24. Tubby Smith replaced Rick Pitino at Kentucky. Rick’s son, Richard, replacing Tubby as head coach at Minnesota.
|Post Comments »||Comments (8)|