May 29th, 2013 12:29 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Damien Leonard, Everett Golson, Former South Carolina, Ole Miss, SEC, Thanksgiving Day
2. Seth Emerson on the Josh Harvey-Clemons suspension at Georgia: “If Georgia is going to keep its drug policy.. then it would probably be a good idea to stop scheduling Clemson and Boise State to start the season.” Tajh Boyd licking his chops?
3. Mark Wiedmar on the inconsistency of drug laws across the country and how it could impact college sports. “Imagine the financial opportunities if pot is legalized far beyond Colorado and Washington.”
4. Why Georgia junior linebacker Amarlo Herrera is one of the 10 most important Bulldogs this season.
5. Auburn recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner on his 15 years at Georgia: “There’s a bunch of good guys on that staff, there’s a bunch of good guys on that team.”
6. LSU A.D. Joe Alleva considers a season ending game against Texas A&M – but not on Thanksgiving Day. “I’m not a big fan of (playing on) Thanksgiving Day. Not in Tiger Stadium, any way.”
7. Dennis Dodd on the outlook at Ole Miss: “There is almost no margin for error. None of the five starters on the offensive line missed a start last season. Three got injured in the spring.”
8. Recovering from shoulder surgery, Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace expected to start throwing to teammates next month.
9. There will be future opportunities at linebacker for Ole Miss redshirt freshman Temario Strong.
10. Ole Miss a trap game this fall for Texas A&M?
11. Tennessee coach Butch Jones on the Vols’ rivalries with Alabama and Florida: ”Believe me, there isn’t anybody who’s more educated than I am on those rivalries and what those games mean to our program…”
12. John Adams on the Tennessee coach: “Jones always looks so accessible, almost as if he’s waiting for fans to drop by.”
13. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema was asked if the SEC was a step up from the Big Ten: “Anything I say in reference to that question is going to be taken badly.”
14. If Arkansas improves this year, former Tennessee assistants will play a role.
15. South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney honored by the state’s General Assembly.
16. David Climer on the situation with Oklahoma State quarterback Wes Lunt, who wants to transfer. ”It’s lame to steer Lunt clear of the SEC and Pac-12.”
17. Jon Solomon on the dispute over permanent cross-divisional opponents. ”Only in the SEC would the NFL be a reference point for two completely opposite arguments.”
18. LSU coach Les Miles: “Tradition is giving way to a more fair and right way to make a champion.”
19. Andy Staples on Nick Saban’s push for a nine-game conference schedule: “If Saban really wants to put his schedule where his mouth is..(he should) make sure the Crimson Tide never schedule teams such as Chattanooga or Georgia State beyond this season.”
20. Former South Carolina guard Damien Leonard is transferring to Furman.
21. Missouri finalizing a couple of non-conference matchups against North Carolina State and Long Beach State.
22. Former Arkansas coach John L. Smith reaches a settlement in his bankruptcy case.
23. Emails show proposed recruiting rule changes by the NCAA sent Big Ten coaches into a tizzy.
24. Penn State and Paterno family suing NCAA.
25. ACC members took in an average of $16.9 million per school during the 2011-2012 school year.
26. Former FCC Chairman Reed Hundt wants broadcasters to stop mentioning the word “Redskins” when it comes to Washington’s NFL team. ”Mr. Snyder can call the team whatever he wants…but you all do not have to use derogatory names in your broadcast.”
27. Critique of ESPN’s Mark May: “Unbearable analyst.”
|Post Comments »||Comments (8)|