November 3rd, 2011 02:15 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Billy Donovan, Cuonzo Martin, Herman Lathers, South Carolina
1. Florida’s four-game losing streak has some in the Sunshine State diving for the record books.
2. A number of factors have lead to the recent decline in Gator football fortunes.
3. It will be Billy Donovan the father versus Billy Donovan the son when Florida hosts Catholic University in a hoops exhibition.
4. Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones is “a very relentless player.”
5. As bad as UGA’s special teams have been this year, Mark Richt still doesn’t believe in using an assistant’s spot on a full-time special teams coach.
6. Joker Phillips named true freshman Max Smith as his starter for Saturday (due in part to an ankle sprain for Morgan Newton).
7. Randy Sanders says Smith has as strong an arm as any quarterback he’s ever coached.
8. UK wasn’t perfect but the Cats did get an exhibition win over Transylvania last night.
9. To get its offense rolling again, South Carolina needs to get Alshon Jeffery the ball.
10. Darrin Horn says his latest team “has been incredibly fun” to coach because of their work ethic.
11. Tennessee linebacker Herman Lathers might apply for a medical redshirt.
12. Vol receiver Da’Rick Rogers wants to make up for a big drop last week against South Carolina.
13. Cuonzo Martin will debut as UT’s new hoops coach in an exhibition game tonight.
14. Vandy kicker Carey Spear won’t say what went wrong on his last second missed field goal against Arkansas, but he has said he and the coaches have figured it out.
15. The Commodores might not have needed a last-second kick from Spear had their DBs simply hung on to a number of possible picks.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|