August 2nd, 2013 12:01 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Collegiate Licensing Company, Gus Malzahn, Jeff Driskel, Keith Marshall, LSU, SEC
1. Junior cornerback Nick Brasell is not academically eligible at Ole Miss. Coach Hugh Freeze: “We are very disappointed that Nick is no longer a part of our program.”
2. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn turns down the chance to vote in the coaches poll. ”You can’t blame him. You really should applaud him.”
4. LSU the most likely target of an Arkansas upset?
6. Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel says he’s on an accelerated recovery from appendectomy surgery. “I want to be back as soon as possible.”
7. Expect Gator cornerback Lucheiz Purifoy “to have a full package of plays in the offense.”
9. Georgia freshman wideout Tramel Terry is coming off a torn ACL but looked healthy and active in practice. Health is a big question in the Bulldogs receiving corps.
10. The hydrotherapy room is the centerpiece of Alabama’s expanded football facilities.
11. At preseason camp at Alabama, here are five position battles worth watching.
12. In the position battles at Auburn, it’s more than just the quarterback position.
13. Will it be Mike Davis or Brandon Wilds to replace Marcus Lattimore in the South Carolina backfield?
14. Dan Mullen’s message at Mississippi State’s first practice? “Raise the process of getting ready.”
16. Want to be optimistic about Tennessee’s chances this fall? Here are some reasons why you should.
17. Even if the SEC expands the conference schedule to nine games, don’t expect the Kentucky-Louisville series to end anytime soon.
18. The U.S. Congress trying to guarantee some four-year scholarships?
19. Collegiate Licensing Company wants to remove four of five current college athletes from the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit.
20. Here are five teams that could break in to the Top 25 by November.
21. Debating the impact of position switches in college football - it can help a player or set him back.
22. Former Auburn running back Michael Dyer is headed to Louisville.
|Post Comments »||Comments (8)|