October 16th, 2012 12:29 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, BCS, College Basketball, SEC
1. Gene Chizik – Mack Brown’s brother from another mother?
2. Auburn 9-10 in the past year-and-a-half – third-worst winning percentage for a national champion over two years since AP poll started in 1936.
3. What does Alabama’s Vinnie Sunseri think about going up against his father – Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri? “A lot of mixed emotions. Hard. Hard, hard, hard.”
4. Tennessee’s Darrington Sentimore on Nick Saban: “He’ll see you in the hallway and walk right past you like he doesn’t see you.” Sentimore played for Saban at Alabama,was suspended by the coach and transferred to a JUCO before arriving at Tennessee.
5. Best in the nation in turnover margin? Mississippi State.
6. Les Miles on containing Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel: “The good thing is that our defense will be one of the fastest he will have seen.”
7. LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo: “I love quarterbacks that try to get out of the pocket because they let their guard down.”
8.. Part of the off week focus at Ole Miss? Academics. Hugh Freeze: “We’re spending an hour on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with the academic staff and our kids.”
9. Freeze on Ole Miss snapping its SEC losing streak: “It’s just kind of been the 300-pound gorilla in the room.”
10. Will Muschamp on South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney: “He can ruin your day.”
11. Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel doesn’t need to reminded what Steve Spurrier accomplished at the school: “I drive by his statue every day.”
12. Florida defensive tackle Omar Hunter on the Gators No. 2 rank in the BCS standings: “That’s not going to get you to Atlanta or to a national championship. You still got a lot more games to play.”
13. Gators are getting healthy.
15. Since Tennessee was last ranked in 2007, 67 different FBS teams have appeared in the BCS top 25.
16. David Climer: “Derek Dooley is coaching a team that can’t finish.”
17. Kentucky coach Joker Phillips would be owed $2.55 million if terminated without cause after the season.
18. Would Kentucky target Phillip Fulmer or David Cutcliffe for its next coach?
19. Vanderbilt’s defense will plan on facing three Auburn quarterbacks. James Franklin: “They have three guys who are all capable.”
20. A Georgia obituary the week following the Bulldogs loss to South Carolina: “It is a shame that the last game he saw was the tragedy last Saturday night.”
21. Player of the year candidates in the SEC.
22. Second-half predictions for the SEC.
23. Sports Illustrated profiles Tyrann Mathieu.
24. The NCAA likely has more than $500 million in net assets.
25. The NCAA doesn’t want to play championship events in New Jersey because the state has legalized sports betting.
26. Bob Knight selling his three championship rings from Indiana and his gold medal from the 1984 Olympics. Among the items you won’t find” “The vase he allegedly hurled uncomfortably close to a secretary.”
|Post Comments »||Comments (4)|