May 27th, 2013 10:07 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Coca Cola, Miami, Nevin Shapiro, SEC
1. LSU AD Joe Alleva on dumping permanent cross-division rivals: “I think there’s a shot, but I wouldn’t put very good odds on it.”
2. Tiger coach Les Miles can’t stop crying about having to play Florida.
3. We know you’re wondering — Who is Ole Miss’ 67th most important player? Why backup quarterback Maikhail Miller, of course.
4. Georgia’s Mark Richt says he’s discovered some real talent at previous summer camps… and the dates are set for this year’s UGA camps.
5. The Dawgs’ fifth most important player for 2013 is linebacker Jordan Jenkins. (No word on #67.)
6. South Carolina AD Ray Tanner on why people in Columbia love Steve Spurrier: “He didn’t have to come here, and his intentions are to remain here.”
7. Tennessee’s Butch Jones has quickly built a solid foundation of support.
9. Tennessee has landed a replacement for departing point guard Trae Golden — former Memphis point guard Antonio Barton plans to transfer in and play immediately.
10. Congrats to LSU, SEC baseball tournament champions after beating Vanderbilt.
11. Nevin Shapiro has now admitted to lying on the witness stand during the trial that sent the ex-Miami booster to prison. Shapiro’s claims about improprieties at Miami are at the heart of the NCAA’s case against the Hurricanes.
12. New Rutgers AD Julie Hermann — under fire for alleged acts 16 years ago — gets some backing from former colleagues.
13. Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson says he’ll be back in school and on the team by 2014.
14. Cars were damage and 10 fans were injured when a cable for FOX’s overhead camera fell on the track during the Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte yesterday.
15. This Memorial Day, take time to remember the reason for the holiday.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|