November 28th, 2012 01:01 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama Kirby Smart, Coaching Searches, Georgia, Heisman Hype
1. TCU’s Gary Patterson interviewed at Auburn – back in 2008.
2. Kevin Scarbinsky on Auburn: ”They’re going to have to explain why they hired Bobby Petrino. Or why they didn’t.”
3. What the Mark Stoops hire at Kentucky means for Tennessee.
4. Whoever Tennessee hires, expect more junior college recruiting to help build depth.
5. Three hot coordinators: Alabama’s Kirby Smart, Florida’s Brent Pease and Clemson’s Chad Morris.
6. Columnist on Vanderbilt coach James Franklin: “Franklin would be safe at Vandy for several more years. If he were to take a “bigger” job, he has three seasons max to win big.”
7. Franklin, Les Miles and four other coaches are getting mentioned frequently in connection with the Arkansas job.
9. Lousiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes gets mentioned in connection with many SEC jobs - he reportedly interviewed at North Carolina State this morning.
10. Florida state safety Lamarcus Joyner on Mark Stoops leaving for Kentucky: “He’s a great man and he deserves it.”
SEC Championship Game
13. Gary Danielson: “We don’t know how real Georgia is.”
14. Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner on Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray: “He does all the little things right.”
15. Remember Georgia’s defensive performance in the first half of last year’s championship game?
16. Advice for the Bulldogs offense: Step on the gas.
17. Advice for the Crimson Tide offense: Watch out for Jarvis Jones.
18. Alabama’s domination: Since the start of the 2008 season, 59 wins – most ever by SEC team in such a period.
19. Alabama running back Eddie Lacy, batting turf-toe injuries, is starting to get healthy.
20. Georgia’s Mike Bobo and Alabama’s Kirby Smart first met when they were both ballboys for their fathers, high school coaches in south Georgia.Bobo: “We’ve tended to compete at everything we’ve ever done, from cards to golf to who can get to the store the fastest.”
21. Thanks to bonuses, Nick Saban’s total compensation will eclipse the $6 million mark if Alabama wins its next two games.
22. Johnny Manziel – the best scrambler in the business.
23. Where did he get that athleticism? From his parents.
24. “(T)he winner is clear, and voters don’t need any more time to think about it.”
25. Comparing Manziel to Kansas State’s Collin Klein
26. Skip Bayless says Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o deserves the Heisman.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|