November 8th, 2013 12:04 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Coach Mark Fox, Coaching Rumors, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi State
1. Nick Saban’s strongest words yet on Texas rumors – “a bunch of BS.”
3. Texas A&M freshman defensive back Kenneth Marshall arrested for possession of marijuana and prescription pills.
4. Since Nick Saban came to Alabama, only one time has the LSU game been decided by more than 10 points.
5. Both LSU and Alabama feature a nice blend between the running and passing game.
6. For LSU - ”there is absolutely nothing to lose in this game for them. Alabama, on the other hand, has a ton at stake.”
7. Not quite the same buzz as two years ago when tickets were going for $3,000.
8. Higher salary coming for Auburn coach Gus Malzahn? “Judging by the market, Malzahn is underpaid by SEC standards at $2.3 million a year.”
9. Four Georgia players have more sacks than Jadeveon Clowney. Bulldogs rank second in the conference behind Missouri. Clowney frustrated by lack of sacks.
11. Both of the Nkemdiche brothers are expected to be on the field tomorrow as Ole Miss faces Arkansas. Chik-Fil-A Bowl representative will be on hand to watch Ole Miss.
12. Florida knows it has its hands full with Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews. Will Muschamp: “He’s one of the best players in college football.”
13. Vanderbilt defensive tackle Barron Dixon compares Florida quarterbacks Tyler Murphy and Jeff Driskel: “We feel like Driskel picks up blitzes better; he reads defenses better.”
14. Three years ago, Florida lineman Trenton Brown was considering a basketball career. Then came junior college. ”JUCO was a problem for me. I gained like a 100 pounds in two years.”
15. Losses by Oregon and Oklahoma on Thursday night help Missouri.
16. Let the freshmen talk. ”Coaches act as if freshmen are unprepared to handle intense grilling by the big, bad media. Give me a break. ”
17. Kentucky will hold a news conference on November 25th to unveil design of “renewal of Commonwealth Stadium.”
19. Your preseason All-SEC teams. Tennessee only squad with two players on first team. Kentucky with one on first team and four on second.
20. An SEC preview – LSU is back, Tony Barbee is on the hot seat and Missouri’s Jordan Clarkson could be a breakout star.
22. The No. 1 Kentucky Wildcats open with UNC-Asheville. Seth Davis on Kentucky: “They are unquestionably the most interesting (team).”
23. Florida opens today with North Florida and freshman point guard Kasey Hill ready to lead the Gators.
24. Alabama opens its season this afternoon in Dallas against Oklahoma.
25. When it comes to Mississippi State basketball, the buzz is around this name – point guard I.J. Ready. Bulldogs open tonight against Prairie View A&M.
26. As Ole Miss opens up against Troy, can the Rebels replace the production from Murphy Holloway and Reginald Buckner?
27. Georgia may be without sophomore forward Brandon Morris as the Bulldogs open tonight against Wofford. Coach Mark Fox not happy with him.
28. Arkansas opens up with SIU-Edwardsville. Can the Razorbacks make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since Mike Anderson took the head coaching job?
29. Missouri opens with Southeastern Louisiana and assistant Tim Fuller taking over during Frank Haith’s suspension.
30. Texas A&M opens at home with Buffalo.
31. Tennessee 78 – Southern Indiana 47. Vols wrap up exhibition schedule – at Xavier on Tuesday night.
32. One take on Kentucky-Louisville: “There is an unhealthy undercurrent to the UK-U of L rivalry.”
33. Early signing period for football recruits? It starts today.
Oregon Loss/BCS Impact
34. Oregon loss to Stanford opens door for Florida State: “The Seminoles have the easiest remaining schedule among national title contenders.”
35. Jerry Palm now has Alabama playing Florida State for the BCS National Championship.
36. ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: “Oregon’s loss might also put FSU quarterback Jameis Winston at the top of the Heisman Trophy
37. USA Today: Will Oregon ever stop flopping in big games?
38. Oregon reaction: “On the bright side, think of all those kids (in) Africa that will get those “We Want Bama” T-shirts.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|