April 24th, 2012 12:08 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Charles Hankerson, Former Alabama, Hugh Freeze, UAB
These next couple of weeks are going to be filled with business meetings and sales calls, so we hope you forgive us if we go a bit more headline-heavy in the coming days. Here are some of today’s top stories from across the SEC:
1. This writer says the NFL does have a farm system… Alabama and LSU.
2. Former Alabama guard Charles Hankerson is transferring to Wyoming.
3. UAB head coach and ex-Arkansas assistant Garrick McGee — who’d been mentioned in connection with the Razorbacks’ opening — says John L. Smith’s the right guy for the job.
4. The “Rebel Road Trip” tour will take Hugh Freeze to Jackson, Mississippi tonight.
5. Texas A&M’s spring game won’t really be a “game” so much as one of those funkily-scored practice sessions.
6. Kevin Sumlin has been pleased with three Aggies who’ve been excelling in spring drills.
7. Florida hybrid linebacker Ronald Powell should be back at some point this season after successful ACL surgery yesterday.
8. Here are five reasons Gator fans can expect (hope) for a better offense in 2012.
9. Georgia is filling out future basketball schedules.
10. Missouri’s Gary Pinkel says there’s “mammoth” interest in his school’s SEC opener against the Dawgs in Columbia this fall.
11. Some folks aren’t happy that the Cincinnati Reds will honor Kentucky’s national title-winning basketball team tonight.
12. UK defensive back Marcus Caffey put his quick feet to use in Lexington this spring.
13. Former South Carolina forward Anthony Gill is transferring to Virginia.
14. Do you care what Gamecocks hoops coach Frank Martin’s mother thinks about Ozzie Guillen’s Fidel Castro remarks? If so, you might be Cocks fan.
15. Derek Dooley thinks things are on the upswing at Tennessee…
16. But apparently that upswing didn’t carry over to the classroom. Ouch.
17. Mizzou defensive back Robert Steeples has decided to transfer.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|