August 22nd, 2012 09:45 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Carson Tinker, Georgia, Mississippi State, SEC
1. Two late signees are having an impact at Arkansas – one spurned Tennessee and the other was co-Mr. Basketball in Kentucky.
2. Razorbacks offensive coordinator Paul Petrino says running back Knile Davis is ready to go. ”He’s definitely on course to go out there and play well for us.”
3. Could Angelo Mirando return as wide receivers coach at Mississippi State? Dan Mullen: “Anything is possible in this world.”
6. Alabama long-snapper Carson Tinker hugged Nick Saban after getting the news that he’ll play his final year on scholarship: “I think that made him feel a little awkward.”
7. Wide receiver Collins Moore and defensive lineman Uriah Grant have returned to practice at Ole Miss.
8. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin expects 9-10 true freshman to play this year and a few may start.
SEC East Football
9. Archie Manning on Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray: “You can tell he has been well coached. He also has excellent communication skills, which are very important for a quarterback.”
10. Georgia’s version of “The Blind Side.”
11. Akeem Auguste’s injury gives Jimmy Legree a chance to start in the South Carolina secondary.
12. How has Mizzou quarterback James Franklin recovered from shoulder surgery? Gary Pinkel: “His arm strength and accuracy are as good as they’ve ever been.”
13. What about Tennessee wide receiver Justin Hunter and his repaired knee? ”For real, I don’t even think about my knee no more.”
14. Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson had the most tackles of any SEC freshman last year - raising expectations for a big sophomore campaign.
15. Tony Barnhart says running back Mike Gillislee is key to Will Muschamp’s plan to transform the style of the Florida Gators.
16. Down to three scholarship tight ends, redshirt freshman Clay Burton has a chance to shine for the Gators.
17. What does Kentucky coach Joker Phillips think of his running backs? “That might be the best competition we have on the football team.”
18. Unofficial defensive depth chart for UK.
19. Vanderbilt closing in on highest season-ticket sales since 1996.
20. Athlon predicts the breakout players in the SEC this year.
21. Arkansas’ Tenarious Wright and Alabama’s Barrett Jones headline Memphis-based SEC talent.
22. “The SEC leaves drug policies up to its individual members, from the frequency of testing to the severity of punishment. Does that make sense?”
23. Alabama AD Mal Moore hospitalized with irregular heartbeat.
24. Auburn AD Jay Jacobs: ”College athletics has now lost the benefit of the doubt because of what has gone on at different institutions.”
25. Author Joe Posnanski: “Joe Paterno in so many ways has never been treated like a real person.”
26. College football on TV this fall – here’s a list.
27. Incoming Tennessee freshman Derek Reese has surgery for his torn labrum – might not play until 2013-2014 season.
28. Freshman guard Fred Thomas has been cleared academically and is enrolled at Mississippi State.
29. What did Arkansas coach Mike Anderson learn from his team’s trip to Italy? ““As I see this team right now, from what I’ve seen from this trip, that’s going to be hopefully something that is going to help our team – the competition.”
30. Florida coach Billy Donovan on playing hoops on the deck of the USS Bataan: “It will certainly be a different kind of game,”
31. Must-see non-conference games always include Kentucky-Louisville.
32. Tennessee high school player collapses and dies following a hit in practice.
33. Cost for a family of four to attend an average NFL game in 2011? $427.42.
|Post Comments »||Comments (3)|