April 13th, 2014 10:30 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Butch Jones, Marcus Murphy, Vanderbilt
1. Expect a very different Florida offense this fall. “The Gators will come at opponents quickly, and also in waves.”
2. Florida coach Will Muschamp on the progress of his offense: ”I think you can attribute all that to [new coordinator] Kurt Roper and the offensive staff and the job they’ve done.
3. Josh Dobbs impressive at quarterback for Tennessee but coach Butch Jones in no hurry to name a starter. ”No timetable.”
4. But what about the other side of the ball? “It was a tough day for the defense.”
5. Mark Bradley on Georgia quarterback Hutson Mason’s performance: “He missed on some deep throws, but he hit on enough of them to kindle hope…(that he could) lead the Bulldogs to an SEC title as a first-year starter.”
6. Safety Tray Matthews missed the game with hamstring issues. Coach Mark Richt: “We probably need to re-evaluate what we’re doing with him…And he’s probably gotta take some ownership of it too.”
7. Dan Mullen on Mississippi State’s spring game: “We got to see, which is what I wanted, a lot of young players put in situations that maybe they haven’t been in before in this stadium. Lingering question is inconsistent kicking game.
8. Freshman running back Ralph Webb a star of Vanderbilt’s spring game.
9. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier called a touchdown pass to women’s basketball coach Dawn Staley “the best play” of the scrimmage (around the 1:50 mark).
10. Missouri running back Marcus Murphy on Dorial Green-Beckham’s dismissal. ”I just hope it helps people to realize the things they can and can’t do and just how to carry themselves.
11. Coach Gary Pinkel: “It’s not a real fun day to be a head football coach.”
12. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on A.J. Derby’s transition from quarterback to tight end. “I don’t think you could find a happier person on this earth right now than A.J. Derby. He’s loving it.”
13. At Alabama’s second scrimmage, quarterback Blake Sims continued to separate himself from the current competition ahead of Jacob Coker’s arrival.
14. Quarterbacks Drew Barker and Patrick Towles generate buzz at Kentucky’s scrimmage.
15 Auburn coach Gus Malzahn on next Saturday’s spring game. “It’s going to be exactly like it was last spring game and we’re going to put the ball down and we’re going to get after it.”
16. Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason’s mural gets a makeover.
17. Paul Finebaum apologizes to Jadeveon Clowney for calling him the ”the biggest joke in college football” last season.
18. Former LSU player Tahj Jones participated in LSU’s Pro Day on Wednesday – he was reportedly shot by former LSU player Brandon Winey on Friday night. Gunshot to the abdomen and in serious condition.
19. Glynn Cyprien is no longer Billy Kennedy’s associate head coach at Texas A&M. “Sometimes it’s best for both parties to go their different ways.”
|Post Comments »||One Comment|