February 20th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Brett Favre, Charles Davis, Jadeveon Clowney, Josh Kendall, LSU, NFL, SEC
2. Georgia freshman defensive lineman DeAndre “Moose” Johnson not expected to continue his career – medical reasons cited.
3. Alabama adds Louisiana-Monroe to its 2015 schedule. The Warhawks beat the Crimson Tide back in 2007 – Nick Saban’s first season as coach.
4. Auburn has five empty spots on its support staff and coach Gus Malzhan may not fill them all.
5. How Missouri’s offensive line shapes up heading into spring practice.
7. Brett Favre on watching Johnny Manziel:“I almost thought I was watching film of a young Brett Favre,”
8. NFL analyst Charles Davis on Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans: “I’ve been told — and we will see at the combine — that he could run a high 4.4 time. And if that’s the case, then game, set, match, off he goes.”
9. Josh Kendall on the expectations for Jadeveon Clowney -”everyone expects him to be an otherworldly freak.”
10. The Alabama players with the most to gain from the NFL Combine.
11. Florida’s Dominique Easley a potential mid-round steal?
12. Texas A&M coach Billy Kennedy: “This may sound crazy, but we are real close to doing some special things with this team and with this program.”
13. The Texas A&M woman’s team has outdrawn the men’s team the last two home games.
14. Alabama forward Nick Jacobs has taken a leave of absence from the team.
15. ESPN analyst Jimmy Dykes thinks four SEC teams will make the NCAA Tournament – Florida, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee. Arguments for and against the Vols.
16. With Syracuse losing, is Florida the nation’s top team?
17. Kentucky coach John Calipari sounds off on other coaches’ opinions of social media. ”They know nothing about social media. Nothing. They don’t do it.”
18. What’s the difference between NFL and college football? Sports economist: ”The difference would be … the NFL pays their players.”
19. Judge dismisses lawsuit filed against Nick Saban’s daughter.
20. Football season (FCS variety) will kickoff August 23rd.
21. Never too early to start campaigning for the Heisman.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|