July 31st, 2013 12:45 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Bradley Bozeman, Deke Adams, Erique Florence, NCAA, SEC
1. A vigil for Texas A&M redshirt freshman Polo Manukainiu and two other teenagers killed in a car accident drew 1,000 mourners.
2. What will it be like for new South Carolina defensive line coach Deke Adams to have Jadeveon Clowney in practice? “My tone of voice is a little bit different when I’m talking to him.”
3. Secondary is the biggest issue at Georgia. Big expectations for quarterback Aaron Murray. ”I expect him to have the biggest season of his career.”
4. Jeff Driskel’s appendectomy puts a focus at Florida on the backup quarterbacks.
5. Missouri beat writer on quarterback James Franklin - “absorbed more fan criticism than I’ve ever seen from a Mizzou player in my time covering the Tigers.”
6. Former Tennessee signeee Jabo Lee is now headed to Temple and his high school coach is not happy about the way the Vols handled the situation: “I think they just left him out to dry.”
8. Sal’s son, Vinnie, expected to be one of the starters in the Alabama secondary this fall.
9. Freshman wide receiver Robert Foster expected to enroll at Alabama this week, Offensive lineman Bradley Bozeman expected to join the team as well.
10. Memo to Alabama freshman Dee Liner: ”Earn your money. If and when you do, don’t wave it in anyone’s face.”
11. Most of Auburn’s practices will be in the afternoon as the Tigers prepare for a 6 p.m. kickoff against Washington State. Coach Gus Malzahn: ”I’m a big routine guy and I like getting into a routine.”
12, Predictions for Ole Miss’ season range from 6-6 to 9-3. MrSEC’s Josh Ward is one of those in the optimistic camp.
13, Athlon Sports identifies six players who could make their team SEC champs.
14. The panel at CBS Sports agrees: Texas A&M/Alabama is the game of of the year in the conference and Missouri coach Gary Pinkel is sitting on the hottest seat.
15. Only five teams in college football can claim back-to-back 11-win seasons the last two years. Two of them are in the SEC. Last team in the SEC to do it three straight years? LSU.
16. Former Auburn safety Erique Florence is joining the team at Troy.
17. David Climer on the Power Five conferences: “They realize the NCAA needs them more than they need the NCAA.”
18. With recent departures, Vanderbilt is down to nine scholarship players and two walk-ons as the team prepares to leave for a trip to Greece and Italy in August.
19. Coach Kevin Stallings on Kedren Johnson’s dismissal: “I’m not allowed to say anything. It’s a university matter. I think there’s a law, apparently, that prohibits me from being able to talk about it.”
20. Why was guard Shaq Johnson dismissed at Auburn? Coach Tony Barbee: “It wasn’t a single incident. It was kind of a pattern of behavior.”
21, Breaking down Tennessee’s non-conference schedule.
23. Former Florida basketball player Dee Cross now helps college athletes make the transition to the workforce.
24. Alcohol on campus legal at the University of Toledo. Now be able to buy a beer at football and basketball games.
25. Some pics of Oregon’s new football facility include one from the barber shop.
|Post Comments »||Comments (9)|