December 2nd, 2012 10:41 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Bowl Projections, Capital One, Capital One Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Georgia, Jimbo Fisher, LSU, Mike Gundy, Ole Miss
1. Names linked to Auburn search: Gus Malzahn, Jimbo Fisher, Gary Patterson, Kirby Smart, Chris Peterson. Introduction of new coach could come early in the week. All of those names except Patterson were on the winning side Saturday.
2. Auburn’s search committee – the four names at Auburn that matter most.
3. Names linked to Arkansas search: Gary Patterson, Mike Gundy, Art Briles, Chris Petersen, Kirby Smart, Bo Pelini. One week ago today, A.D. Jeff Long said Arkansas would have its new coach in 10-14 days.
4. Names linked to Tennesssee search: Mike Gundy, Charlie Strong, Jimbo Fisher, Al Golden. Search moves to New York City.
5. New Kentucky coach Mark Stoops left the field last night for the final time as Florida State’s defensive coordinator. “Thank you, coach!”
8. North Carolina State has its new coach. Northern Illinois coach Dave Doeren accepted the position Saturday.
9. High level Georgia source: Bulldogs headed to Cotton Bowl or Capital One Bowl.
13. Why Mississippi State could be headed to Music City Bowl.
14. Alabama fans know where they are headed: “I respect the heck out of Notre Dame.”
16. The Internet troublemaker known as the ampersand - and why it has Texas A&M officials worried about the Heisman vote.
17. Ole Miss receiver Donte Moncrief and the Internet sensation known as “Feed Moncrief.”
18. One writer’s players of the year and other informal postseason honors for the Florida Gators.
19. Some stadium renovations at Missouri may be completed a year earlier than planned.
21. Man falls 4o-feet at ACC Championship game. Transported to hospital with “life-threatening injuries.”
22. Baylor 64 – Kentucky 55. Baylor snaps UK’s 55-game home winning streak. John Calipari now 54-1 at Rupp.
23. Cincinnati 58 – Alabama 56. Tide lose game on a buzzer-beater.
24. Missouri 72 – Applachian State 56. Laurence Bowers matches his career-high with 23 points as Tigers move to 6-1. An insufficient punishment for coach Frank Haith?
25. Ole Miss 80 – Rutgers 67. Murphy Holloway and Reggie Buckner post double-doubles as Rebels move to 6-0.
26. Providence 73- Mississippi State 63. State now 0-5 in games away from Humphrey Coliseum.
27. Villanova 62 – Vanderbilt 52. Commodores now 2-4, worst start since the 1988-89 season.
28. Texas A&M 70 – Houston 59. Aggies go to 6-1 behind 26 points from Elston Turner.
29. South Carolina plays Clemson today. Fifth-year senior LaShay Page is a steady influence for the Gamecocks.
30. LSU is hitting its free-throws when it matters most.
|Post Comments »||Comments (8)|