March 5th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Boise State, Georgia, SEC, Trevor Lacey
2. Georgia will face a short-handed Clemson team in its opener. Tigers suspend four players – including two returning starters. “That’s a nice change for the Bulldogs, who have been mocked before by certain SEC coaches for almost always having multiple players suspended early in the season.”
3. Tennessee wide receiver Alton “Pig” Howard taking a leave of absence from team. Coach Butch Jones says he’s ”dealing with some personal circumstances.”
4. Tennessee fifth-year senior defensive tackle Gregory Clark won’t be on Vols roster this fall - imoving on with his post-college career. Are A.J. Johnson and Curt Maggitt one of the best linebacking duos in the conference?
5. Five players who won’t be returning to Missouri this fall.
6. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier on proposed 10-second rule: “I’ve heard they’ve hopefully tabled it, but I’m not sure.”
7. There are several ways to impact safety in college football that have nothing to do with tempo.
8. Five SEC quarterback battles to watch this spring.
9. The majority of Florida’s spring practices will be open to the public this year.
10. Auburn hires a high school coach as director of high school relations.
11. Matt Hayes gives us 68 reasons why college football is better than college basketball.
12. Who gets back on top first - Alabama football coach Nick Saban or Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari? ”The smart money would be on Saban.”
13. Pro day today at Arkansas - 14 former Razorbacks participating.
14. List of players that participated in Texas A&M’s pro day this morning – Johnny Manziel will have a separate workout later this month.
15. At Auburn’s pro day on Tuesday, 17 players took part. Former player Demetruce McNeal explains the circumstances of his dismissal prior to the season.
16. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn: “Each year, we’ll have guys that go to the next level.”
17. As Florida goes for conference perfection Saturday, ticket prices reportedly skyrocketing.
18. Texas A&M at Missouri. Aggies have won just one true road game all year - at Tennessee.
19. Can Missouri’s Keanau Post build of his breakout game against Mississippi State Saturday? “It has been a lot more difficult than I thought.”
20. Mizzou’s Senior Night won’t feature a single player who’s spent his entire career with the Tigers.
21. Mississippi State at Georgia. MSU hasn’t won a road game since last January - and it came at Georgia.
22. Georgia a game ahead of Tennessee and Arkansas in SEC standings - what happens if they end in a three-way tie?
23. Ole Miss at Arkansas. Bud Walton Arena tough place to play for most - but Andy Kennedy’s teams have won four straight there.
24. Tennessee at Auburn. Expect a close game. None of the four teams to win at Auburn did so by more than eight points
25. Final home game for Georgia’s Donte’ Williams.
26. C.M. Newton on Trevor Lacey’s transfer from Alabama to North Carolina State: ”The Lacey kid leaving the Alabama program was a mistake on everybody’s part, in my opinion. The kid should have stayed right here.”
27. Our earlier roundup of Tuesday night SEC hoops action.
28. Dementia and 83-year old Dean Smith.
29. Jay Bilas on playing professionally in Italy: “At halftime I went in the locker room and three of my teammates were smoking cigarettes. It was different.”
|Post Comments »||Comments (21)|