November 5th, 2012 01:18 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Bobby Hebert, Georgia, LSU
1. Dan Quinn’s defense came up big for Florida against Missouri.
2. Georgia keeps climbing in the BCS standings.
3. Joker Phillips is the ninth straight Kentucky football coach to leave Lexington with an overall losing record. (Good luck selling that one.)
4. Coming off a bye, South Carolina wants to build off its last offensive performance. (That could be tough unless they get to play Tennessee’s defense again.)
5. While the Vols search for defensive answers… “some UT fans will be inwardly pulling for Missouri on Saturday” to put an end to the Derek Dooley era.
6. Vanderbilt O-lineman Wesley Johnson wishes his teammates would stop pushing political candidates on Twitter: “A couple of my teammates talk too much… I think the best thing is if a lot of people stay out of politics.”
7. Missouri freshman tight end Brandon Holifield has been booted from the team after a Sunday morning arrest for possession of marijuana.
8. Auburn’s Jonathan Wallace has played well enough to earn another start at quarterback… against #5 Georgia.
9. With Texas A&M up next, Nick Saban says his team can either get better after a tough win over LSU “or they can say we’re satisfied for what we did with ourselves.”
10. With an upset of the Crimson Tide, the Aggies and Johnny Manziel would enter SEC title and Heisman races.
11. Arkansas linebacker Terrell Williams has been suspended indefinitely after a DWI arrest that followed his seven-tackle game against Tulsa.
12. Quarterback Zach Mettenberger proved against Alabama that “the expectations for him weren’t unrealistic, just the timetable for them was.”
13. Despite Saturday’s blowout loss at Georgia, this week’s game with Vanderbilt still has bowl implications for Ole Miss.
14. LSU will be yet another tough test for a Mississippi State team that’s been blistered in consecutive games.
15. The SEC has named its Players of the Week.
16. Alabama and Oregon could be headed for a major culture clash.
18. Video of Blake Sims’ message to LSU fans after his Tide team had just scored the winning touchdown Saturday has done gone all viral.
20. The NCAA has put a 100-mile limit on hardship waivers.
21. Texas A&M has benefited more than anyone in this year’s conference realignment. Missouri? Not so much.
22. Gene Stallings compares the cultures at Alabama and A&M.
23. John Calipari and Kentucky will hold a telethon in Lexington to help raise money for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. (Classy move.)
24. Tennessee will open its exhibition hoops season against Victory tonight. (A loss to Victory would an ironic upset.)
25. Missouri’s freshmen looked good in the Tigers’ exhibition win over Missouri Southern yesterday.
26. Auburn’s ready for its final “dress rehearsal” against Georgia Southwestern State. (Who?)
29. Is Mississippi State ready for its season opener Friday at Troy? New coach Rick Ray: “In one word… no.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|