July 9th, 2012 11:19 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Aaron Murray, Bednarik Award, Maxwell Award, SEC
1. Interesting summer fluff: Which SEC schools would have the most wins if the wins of their winningest coach were removed from their football wins total? Follow?
2. There are plenty of SEC’ers on the Maxwell Award and Bednarik Award watch lists. (And if I didn’t think there were too many awards and that those awards’ preseason “watch lists” were even less meaningful than the awards themselves… I’d care.)
3. With a playoff on the way, what’ll happen to the USA Today Coaches’ Poll?
4. This writer says to see the SEC’s brightest stars you’ll need to keep an eye on the trenches.
5. The preseason hype is high for LSU. As usual.
6. In case you missed it, Texas A&M will be getting new uniforms this fall, too. (Don’t toss too much tradition, please.)
7. A&M and Missouri are hitting the ground running in the SEC.
8. Here’s a look at how Steve Spurrier turned around South Carolina.
9. Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray is among the SEC’s 10 best players.
10. AthlonSports.com ranks the SEC’s offensive lines from best to worst (or from Bama to Ole Miss, if you prefer).
|Post Comments »||No Comments|