December 29th, 2012 10:20 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Barry Brunetti, Gators, NFL, SEC, South Carolina
1. Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree didn’t ask the NFL advisory board for an evaluation. “Right now I’m still focusing on this season.”
2. Georgia tight end Arthur Lunch is Aaron Murray’s roommate. Is the Georgia QB staying in school or leaving for the NFL? “If I could guess, I would say he wants to stay.”
3. Georgia nose guard Kwame Gathers may make his NFL decision before Rodney Garner’s replacement is hired as defensive line coach.
4. Junior Florida defensive end Dominique Easley on possibly leaving early for the NFL: “I’d rather not talk about that right now.”
5. Georgia A.D. Greg McGarity on unhappy Bulldogs fans - “the society of the miserable.”
6. Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez on the Bulldogs defense: “It’s just another typical Big Ten defense. If we go out and play, we’ll be perfectly fine.”
7. Here’s an Outback Bowl matchup worth watching. All-world South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney going up against Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan – a potential first-round draft choice in April.
8. Clemson has lost four straight to South Carolina, last four-of-six to SEC teams and now plays LSU in the Chik-fil-A Bowl. They get a lot of SEC questions: ”It would be great for us to find a way to win this game and not have to answer that question anymore … at least for a few months.”
9. When Florida spends too much time on Bourbon Street, bad things happen.
10. Gators tight end coach Derek Lewis is an intense man. Cut his wrist and damaged tendons in his hand punching an eraser board before the LSU game.
11. An early preview that is bullish on Texas A&M in 2013
12. Mississippi State learned a lesson against the Aggies and their spread offense that they will use against Northwestern – focus on the quarterback. “You’ve got to have a second-level guy who is designated specifically to tackle this guy.”
13. Backup Ole Miss quarterback Barry Brunetti isn’t going anywhere: “One thing in my mind I want to get cleared out. I’m not looking to leave for anywhere.”
14. One of the many ways James Franklin has changed the culture of Vanderbilt football. He invited the marching band director to teach the players the team’s fight song. ”Every team has to be able to sing their fight song.”
15. Sports Illustrated writer sees a two-touchdown victory for Vanderbilt over North Carolina State.
16. Alabama guard Chance Warmack on Notre Dame’s defense: ”Just a sound defense, and they don’t make mistakes. … You don’t see a lot of defenses like that.”
17. Alabama wide receiver Kenny Bell is recovering from a broken leg against Auburn – spotted jogging.
18. Miss Alabama 2012 and Auburn grad Katherine Webb on dating Crimson Tide quarterback AJ McCarron: ”I’m not trying to sabotage Alabama.”
20. John Clay: “Not an upset. Not this year. Not this time.”
21. A Kentucky win today could help here - ugly conference RPI for the SEC.
22. Tennessee vs. Xavier. Freshman forward Derek Reese, recovering from shoulder surgery, may make his debut. ”He could be out there, I wouldn’t necessarily rule it out.”
23. Florida vs. Air Force. Gators have lost two-of-three, a focus on improving the defense.
24. Auburn vs. Illinois. Tigers travel to Chicago to take on the Fighting Illini at the United Center.
25. Arkansas vs. Northwestern State. Razorbacks face a Demons’ team that averages more than 86 points a game -second best in the country.
26. Vanderbilt vs. Butler. Commodores face what many believe to be the most successful mid-major program in the country.
27. Texas A&M vs. Army. Black Knights play an SEC team for the first time since 1998.
28. Georgia vs. Florida A&M. Bulldogs riding first two-game winning streak of the season.
29. South Carolina vs. Presbyterian. Junior guard Brenton Williams has led or shared the team lead in points four times this season.
31. The advantages of watching college basketball vs. watching college football.
32. College sports in the digital age.Player announces his transfer decision via Instagram.
33. Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich best A.D. in the country?
34. Yankee Stadium ready for football today.
|Post Comments »||Comments (28)|