April 24th, 2013 12:45 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Barrett Jones, Former Alabama, NFL, South Carolina
1. Fan to South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier: “We need to change it to the University that Spurrier Changed.”
2. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze trying to temper expectations. “As spring revealed, we’re not where we need to be depth-wise.”
3. Tennessee has a new director of player personnel. Bob Welton spent the last nine years as a scout for the Cleveland Browns.
4. What’s the status of Auburn safety Demetruce McNeal? ”Still up in the air.” Off-field issues.
5. What’s the status of the Kiehl Frazier/Jonathan Wallace quarterback battle at Auburn? “There’s not a lot of separation coming out of spring at this point.”
6. Kevin Scarbinsky on Harvey Updyke: He killed Auburn’s trees and made Auburn stronger.
7. Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen captured the headlines, but other names have emerged on the Razorbacks’ depth chart following spring practice.
8. Mississippi State quarterback Tyler Russell on the Bulldogs’ struggles in the last half of the season. It “motivated me to watch more film and work so much harder. Everybody has a bad game, but in the end I have to be that guy to perform every game.”
9. SEC Network announcement rescheduled for May 2.
10. Matt Hayes on college football playoffs. ”You win, Joe Sixpack.”
12. Combine Georgia and Alabama and you could end up with 20 draft picks.
13. Over the past ten years, only Georgia has had more players drafted than LSU - 57 to 56.
14. 2013 NFL draft expected to be Texas A&M’s best class in years.
15. ESPN’s Mel Kiper has 10 SEC players among his top 25 prospects.
16. “It’s insane how much talent is spilling out of the SEC.”
17. Former Tennessee wide receivers Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson considered two of top 10 receivers in this year’s draft. But questions remain. Breakdown of NFL talent in the state of Tennessee.
18.State of Florida could have six first-round picks.
19. Strengths, weaknesses and stats on former Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd.
20. Former Alabama offensive lineman D.J. Fluker has had official pre-draft visits with 11 NFL teams.
21. Former Alabama center Barrett Jones projected as a third-round pick. “To be honest, I don’t really get caught up too much in the rounds.”
22. If Sheldon Richardon’s name gets called Thursday, Missouri coach Gary Pinkel will have six first-round picks in the last five years.
23 What are draft experts saying about former Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson?
24. Oddsmakers have former South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore slotted for the third round. Capsules of all potential South Carolina draft picks.
25. Kentucky lineman Larry Warford is hearing he could go anywhere from second to fourth round.
26. Questions about Texas A&M’s DaMontre Moore - “teams are really nervous about him.”
27. How NFL draft prospects were ranked as recruits coming out of high school.
28. Trevor Lacey’s decision to transfer leaves Alabama with 10 available scholarship players for next season.
29. Former Rutgers guard Eli Carter considers Florida - Billy Donovan reportedly visited.
31. NBA-bound Nerlens Noel on his knee: “I’ve been working hard in rehab, and my physical therapist is telling me I’m way ahead of schedule and coming along really well.”
32. So Kentucky fans, just how likely is 40-0?
33. Tennessee assistant coach Houston Fancher reuniting with former Tennessee coach Buzz Peterson at North Carolina-Wilmington.
34. Jon Bon Jovi’s son will walk on the football team at Notre Dame.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|