April 17th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn Wednesday, Chris Black, Gavin Stansbury, Matt Joeckel
1. More player arrests at Texas A&M. Senior defensive end Gavin Stansbury arrested on assault charges, two other players arrested for failing to appear in court.
2. Could former Texas A&M quarterback Matt Joeckel be headed to TCU?
3. Threatening message cancels classes at Auburn Wednesday.
4. Auburn A.D. Jay Jacob’s letter to fans regarding ESPN and Saturday’s spring game: “When their cameras pan the stadium, I want their viewers to see a packed house…”
5. Alabama wide receiver Chris Black’s role is evolving under new offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin.
6. Missouri’s departing receivers caught 195 passes last season. Those returning caught 72.
7. Missouri spent more than a half-million of its own money to go the Cotton Bowl. Received more than $1.3 million from the SEC to attend.
8. Expect Vanderbilt’s new 3-4 defense to showcase its linebackers.
9. Florida defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin on defensive end Dante Fowler Jr: “He’s been great all spring. He’s stepped up as a leader as well.”
10. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema calls the defensive secondary the most improved unit of the team.
11. LSU makes a home-and-home series with Syracuse official. Will start in 2015.
12. Plenty of primetime television opportunities for SEC teams on college football’s opening weekend.
13. Former South Carolina cornerback Victor Hampton reportedly arrested for dispute with his sister.
14. Quarterback Aaron Murray on his performance at Georgia’s pro day: “I think I’ve shown everyone they don’t have to worry about my injury.”
15. Will fan criticism directed at Cuonzo Martin make it harder to attract a new coach at Tennessee? A.D. Dave Hart: ”I think this is an extremely attractive job.”
16. ESPN’s Jay Bilas: ”It’s in a great league, and they’ve won there.”
17. How much is Tennessee willing to spend? ”Hart and Tennessee were willing to pay Martin in the range of $1.8 million, and the Vols likely would have to go above the $2 million threshold to attract more proven coaches.”
18. Martin appeared on a Knoxville radio station this morning: “Really, no hard feelings at all…because Tennessee gave me a platform and I’m certainly grateful for it.”
19. Missouri guard Jabari Brown and coach Frank Haith release statements confirming Brown’s decision to go pro.
20. College of Charleston assistant coach Amir Abdur-Rahim will join Billy Kennedy’s staff at Texas A&M.
21. Lexington mayor on the lack of state funding for Rupp Arena renovation: “It’s a setback.”
22. Florida State responds to a New York Times story involving allegations surrounding quarterback Jameis Winston.
23. Dan Wetzel on a religious complain filed against Clemson and coach Dabo Swinney: ”If Swinney is, at the very least, walking a Constitutional line, then he sure isn’t the only one.”
|Post Comments »||One Comment|