January 5th, 2014 11:50 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Auburn Monday, Auburn Nick Marshall, Florida State, Jacob Coker, Nick Saban, SEC
1. Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher could have been at UAB had University of Alabama trustees not killed the deal after the 2006 season.
2. Kevin Scarbinsky on Fisher: “If Bobby Bowden and Nick Saban had a child, he’d be a dadgum good football coach. Aight?”
3. Matt Hayes: “The only difference between Saban and Fisher was Fisher’s staccato delivery during Saturday’s BCS Championship Game Media Day.”
4. Dan Wolken: “In the end, it all comes back to Nick Saban.”
5. Ellis Johnson wound up at Auburn, but after Mark Stoops left for Kentucky, he was one of Fisher’s top targets at Florida State.
6. Is Florida State backup quarterback Jacob Coker considering transferring to Alabama? ”I think it’s just assumptions.”
7. Auburn’s Nick Marshall wanted to play quarterback, not defensive back, when he was at Georgia. Did not consider playing basketball.
8. Key for Auburn Monday night? Make “FSU play their first fourth-quarter game this year.”
9. Florida State center Bryan Stork on Auburn’s defense: “This is the best defense we’ve played. Yeah, the stats say they’re very average, but I beg to differ. I’ve seen the film.”
10. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn honored as the Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Saturday night.
11. “Personally, I often choose to watch SEC games over everything else for two reasons: One, Verne Lundquist; two, Nick Saban might lose.”
12. Saban on the 2013 season: “There’s lots of lessons to be learned for every team when you have adversity.”
13. If things had played out differently a few years ago, could Charlie Strong have gone to Georgia?
14. Missouri center Evan Boehm on the 2014 Tigers: ”I don’t think the University of Missouri is rebuilding. We’re reloading.”
15. Florida State assistant coach Sal Sunseri on his time at Tennessee: “You go into Tennessee and you could see there wasn’t the talent that needed to be there.”
16. What’s the outlook at defensive line for the Vols?
17. Ever think you’d hear this? “I don’t think Florida has the athletes like Duke got.”
18. Steve Spurrier has raised the bar at South Carolina - what are the expectations for 2014?
19. South Carolina running back Mike Davis thought to have high ankle sprain – will have MRI today.
20. Add Ole Miss receiver Donte Moncrief’s name to the growing list of SEC underclassmen declaring for the NFL draft.
21. Jon Solomon: “College football scoring is up 10 percent from 2009 to 2013, the largest increase in a five-year period since 1979-83.”
22. ESPN wants to know if higher scoring produces more viewers.
|Post Comments »||Comments (29)|