January 30th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Athlon Sports, David Pollack, Expect Auburn, Gators, Georgia, Kentucky Nothing, Pat Dooley, Peyton Manning, Wildcats
1. Steven Pearl on the chances his father Bruce returns to coach at Tennessee: ”I don’t know that it would ever work out for my father to coach here again.”
2. Pat Dooley on the SEC and the NCAA Tournament: ”In the last five seasons, the league has had 19 teams make the field. In the previous 10 seasons, it had 58.
3. Gary Laney: “The assumption the college game has been taken over by one-and-done stars is simply wrong.”
4. Mike DeCourcy on Kentucky: ”Nothing that’s failing with these Wildcats is unresolvable.”
5. Florida at Mississippi State. Gators highest-ranked team to play at Humphrey Coliseum since Kentucky in 2012.
6. Gators riding an 11-game winning streak - best run since reeling off 17 straight to start 2006-2006 season.
7. Expect Auburn’s receiving corps to be better this fall. Every member returns for an encore.
8. Top 10 SEC defensive linemen of the BCS era? Athlon Sports puts Georgia defensive end David Pollack at No 1.
9. College players pushing a union have a supporter in AJ McCarron.
10. A Twitterstorm erupts when Syracuse football coach Scott Shafer calls Atlanta “#softnosed.”
11. How bad will Fox’s red-carpet interviews be during the Super Bowl pregame? “As horrible as the worst dreams that invade your mind at night.”
12. The biggest open secret about the NFL? Gambling is good for the league’s bottom line. “If they wanted to stop gambling, they’d stop the injury report.”
13. Peyton Manning wears the perfect Peyton Manning outfit.
|Post Comments »||Comments (77)|