April 4th, 2012 11:27 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Athlon Magazine, Clint Moseley, Italy, Les Miles
1. Athlon Magazine has ranked the SEC’s football coaches from Nick Saban down through Joker Phillips. (Interestingly, James Franklin ranks ahead of Gene Chizik and Dan Mullen is ranked ahead of Les Miles. Plenty of red meat for you.)
2. Everyone wants to change the NCAA/NBA’s one-and-done policy… except for the players’ union.
3. Auburn quarterback Clint Moseley was throwing the ball at practice this morning.
4. Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron says the Tide has enough leadership to avoid a 2010-style backslide after UA’s most recent BCS crown.
5. Arkansas offensive coordinator Paul Petrino said of his brother’s quick return to practice after a motorcycle injury: “He’s a Petrino… tough.”
6. The coach’s helmetless accident could help save lives in the long run.
7. Juco transfers are giving MSU help on its offensive line.
8. Bulldog hoopster Rodney Hood told new coach Rick Ray — according to the coach — after his first day, “Coach, that’s the hardest workout I’ve ever had.”
9. Receiver Tobias Singleton could be moving to running back at Ole Miss.
10. The tempo has increased at Texas A&M as this video will attest.
11. Total sidenote here, but if you want to feel old, check out what the Astrodome looks like these days. (Bottom gallery. It’s like the History Channel’s “Life After People” series.)
12. For the second year in a row, Florida’s spring game won’t actually be a game.
13. Georgia’s D-line is providing hope and stability (while the secondary’s in a shambolic state).
14. Freshman tailback Keith Marshall will be “a very important piece” of UGA’s offense once he returns from a hamstring injury.
15. The President made the traditional post-championship phone call, this time to Kentucky.
16. But a violent post-game celebration on Monday night marred UK’s victory. (One gunshot victim had to have his foot amputated.)
17. Thankfully, yesterday’s banner-raising at Rupp Arena went a lot more smoothly.
18. And Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart enjoyed the heck out of it.
19. Frank Martin has announced his first South Carolina coaching staff.
20. Despite spring struggles, Connor Shaw is locked in as the Cocks’ starting quarterback.
21. Tennessee’s basketball team will play four games in Italy this summer… and Jeronne Maymon should be back from knee surgery by then.
22. Prentiss Waggner is the leader of the Volunteers’ secondary.
23. Vanderbilt’s John Jenkins is 50-50 on whether to jump to the NBA or return for his senior year. (The deadline for college players is next Tuesday.)
|Post Comments »||No Comments|