December 17th, 2012 12:01 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Andy Katz, Auburn, Brady Hoke, Dai Jon Parker, LSU, Outback Bowl, President Obama, SEC
1. LSU linebacker Kevin Minter named team MVP.
2. 6,000 seat, $85 million expansion going on at Tiger Stadium. Capacity at LSU will increase to just short of 100,000 at the start of the 2014 season.
3. With Drew Alleman’s days drawing to a close, James Hairston looks to be the next in line as kicker at LSU.
4. If your nickname is the Crimson Tide, why does an elephant mascot roam the sidelines?
5. Focus shifts today at Mississippi State – bowl game against Northwestern is two weeks from tomorrow.
6. Nick Griffin’s injury at MSU will give redshirt freshman running back Josh Robinson more opportunities.
7. With three weeks to prepare for the bowl game against Pittsburgh, Hugh Freeze will spend time this week focusing on his younger players.
8. Nearly 21,000 tickets have been sold through Ole Miss for the BBVA Compass Bowl.
9. South Carolina has three less Michigan players to worry about for the Outback Bowl. Starting cornerback J.T. Floyd, the punter and a backup linebacker all suspended by coach Brady Hoke.
10. After playing both ways this year at Georgia, Malcolm Mitchell would love to focus on one side of the ball: “If I had to pick between offense and defense, one or the other, I’m going to pick offense just because I love doing it.”
11. Georgia players choose whiffle ball.
12. Tennessee junior tackle Ja’Wuan James says he’ll return for his senior year. “Blessed to have another year…”
13. Florida’s Sugar Bowl opponent, Louisville, slashing some ticket prices to the game thanks to the local pizza baron.
14. With Josh Henson the new offensive coordinator at Missouri – a look at how much previous experience every OC in the SEC has.
15. At the end of the first and second halves Saturday night against Arizona, Florida was outscored 15-0.
16. Missouri finally gets to see what Oregon transfer Jabari Brown can do tonight against South Carolina State. Frank Haith: “We’ve got to understand, here’s a guy that hasn’t played in a year and will be playing (tonight) for the first time in a long time.” Illinois-Missouri on Saturday one of Andy Katz’ “must watch” games this week.
17. Auburn’s legitimate center duo?
18. Vanderbilt tries to make it three in a row tonight against Cornell. Dai-Jon Parker will make his season debut after serving a 10-game suspension.
19. This list of college hoops’ most overpaid coaches features three names from the SEC.
20. A North Alabama player’s racist tweet aimed at President Obama last night -he’s no longer on the team.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|