July 4th, 2013 11:40 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Andrew Harrison, Auburn, Brad Stevens, Georgia, Mississippi State, Phil Steele, SEC, South Carolina
1. $626.42. That’s the average asking price for a ticket to the Alabama – Texas A&M game.
2. So what did Urban Meyer know about potential NCAA violations at Florida and when did he know it?
3. Florida with the toughest schedule in the country? Arkansas and Kentucky also make Phil Steele’s top 10.
5. One take on LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger - “might be looking at his last shot at redemption.”
6. Matt Hayes on the warm seat at Missouri for coach Gary Pinkel: “Missouri isn’t nearly ready on the lines of scrimmage to compete in the SEC…”
7. Missouri offensive coordinator Josh Henson encountered former Missouri coach Woody Widenhofer at a Florida toll booth.
8. “I don’t believe there’s a discipline problem within the football program at Georgia.”
9. Georgia tight end Jay Rome on the duo with Arthur Lynch: “I really think we’re gonna be the best tight end duo in the country next year.”
10. It will be the fall before Kentucky signees Aaron and Andrew Harrison and James Young are enrolled in school.
11. Accusing of trying to fix a game while at Auburn, Varez Ward’s trial is postponed until November.
12. Last year’s 10-22 record has Mississippi State players inspired to hit the weight room this summer. Nine of the Bulldogs 13 non-conference games will be played at Humphrey Coliseum.
13. Missouri is counting on Keanau Post to fill the void left by the departure of Alex Oriakhi.
14. Aaron Hernandez had a secret apartment. Police find ammunition and clothing that could prove helpful in their murder investigation.
15. Has realignment in college sports paused? What comes next?
17. Good news for Digger Phelps. Doctors tell him he’s cancer free.
18. The most American brand in college sports? What about the Great American Rifle Conference?
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|